[THELACUS?] 0.8.6 (Mac Universal) Mod settings not being written

Report specific bugs in Daggerfall Unity. Please read guidelines before posting.
clocknova

[THELACUS?] 0.8.6 (Mac Universal) Mod settings not being written

Post by clocknova » Thu Jul 11, 2019 9:27 pm

Just installed the latest build on MacOS, but the game will not save any of my mod data. After checking a but, I found this in the log file:

Failed to write mod settings: Access to the path "/private/var/folders/5c/s4hd_4sx7qn5lj86w2h1bzpr0000gn/T/AppTranslocation/2290D9C4-8387-4323-943F-58ADD6CBC562/d/DaggerfallUnity.app/Contents/Resources/Data/StreamingAssets/Mods/Mod_Settings.json" is denied.

Not sure what is going on here. Why would it be trying to write the setting file there instead of into the actual mod folder? The proper data path on my machine is:
"/Applications/Games/Daggerfall Unity/DaggerfallUnity.app/Contents/Resources/Data/StreamingAssets/Mods/Mod_Settings.json"

Interkarma

Re: 0.8.6 (Mac Universal) Mod settings not being written

Post by Interkarma » Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:56 pm

Thanks for report. The StreamingAssets folder is being queried out of Unity itself - strange that it provides that path. I'll assign this one to TheLacus for now to check the mod settings serialization code for any anomalies, but I'm not sure if he has a Mac to test properly with (I don't either).

Contributors: any of you working on a Mac and might be able to take a closer look?