[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Firebrand

Re: Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by Firebrand »

jedidia wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:19 pm I thought it was the oldest trick in the book of female vampires to pose as prostitutes.
Not being a vampire (or a vampire hunter :lol: ) I've never thought about that. 😮

But I totally love the idea! 😀 This could spice up things :twisted: :lol: an bring a lot more variety in the game :)

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

I have a suggestion for this mod.
When you jump over over fences while riding the horse the camera auto adjusts like you're staying even with the horses back.

I really like that, so much so I think you ought to make it a standard feature with this mod when jumping on a horse period.

So every time you jump the camera auto adjust with you looking up.
It's going to make riding more Interactive and there is a rhythm to it, it feels more immersive, it is kind of what happens when you jump on a horse, just an idea...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

pango

Post by pango »

I've seen bandages bought for 0 gold in a shop in a stream, so maybe their base cost need to be checked or something...

Shop is Bedyctor's Quality Warehouse, Naririret, Sentinel ("rusty relics" general store)
Attachments
SAVE423.zip
(266.15 KiB) Downloaded 50 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

1gp, 0gp, please people - it's not my fault there's no smaller unit of currency! lol :lol:

TBH this doesn't bother me too much, with bandages being so cheap anyway. Just seems weird but really it's the fact that store is a crappy one and the char probably has a reasonable level of mercantile skill so barters down to <1gp.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

hannafamilycomputer

Post by hannafamilycomputer »

This could be a suggestion for the default game or the mod, so ill just put it here. You shouldn't be able to climb walls with a weapon equipped. Holding a sword with two hands and climbing a wall would be tricky, if not impossible to do.

I suggest when you enter climbing mode, it also sheaths your weapon. You can pull out your weapon at anytime while climbing, but if it is a two-handed weapon, you'll fall. (You may be able to hang on the wall with one hand and use a sword in the other, but it would be hard to climb with it drawn in real life)

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I haven't posted any suggestions here lately, as I know you have your hands full :) If you ever feel like you have an abundance of time to add new stuff to this mod, just let me know. I have a page of minor mod ideas noted down :P

Two variants of the climbing mod I can think of:

v1: When weapon ready, climbing is turned off. When weapon sheathed, climbing is turned on (and might as well be more aggressive in activating.)

v2: While weapon ready, climbing skill is debuffed. (While we're at it, Jumping and Swimming as well?)

Mapheus

Post by Mapheus »

I think that this mod would be a good addition to the pack. You should get in touch with Lacus97 and see if he would be cool with you adding it.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I like the climbing restrictions idea, that bothers me a bit in the game, so I will probably give that a go at some point.

I don't think the harvestable crops mod will be integrated into this pack, as it's already a stand alone mod with it's own repo etc. You can easily install both mods together and the don't conflict as far as I know.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

conradson

Post by conradson »

First of all, thanks for your great mod.

Would you consider doing an option to avoid trampling citizen with your horse, when galloping?

I know it's not very realistic, but I would find this option enjoyable.

Thanks again for your great work!
Last edited by conradson on Fri Nov 15, 2019 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Haha, When I implemented enhanced riding I decided that people should have to pay attention while riding fast in built up areas. Many games just limit the speed in town, but I hate that personally. I'd much rather have the decision to take, do I risk riding fast here? Can I see and easily avoid any civilians? Feels cheap otherwise. You could always just ride normal speed, then it's assumed that people avoid you since you're going slower (i.e. it's just normal DFU behaviour)

I do understand your request though, and I will consider adding an option to switch it off for players that want to.

Glad to hear you're enjoying the mod! :)