[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
King of Worms

Re: Roleplay & Realism mod pack

Post by King of Worms »

Yea and I have questing on hold until I decide its time to really dive in the DFU gameplay (after alpha and some maturing) :lol:

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Btw one thing Ive noticed while using Enhanced horse riding.

I would welcome having the "follow terrain soften factor" to extend from 16 to 32.

I use the max 16 settings and still in places like mountains - where there is more rugged terrain - the movement of the horse head up and down is quite fast and nauseating. Smoothing it would be really good for player well being and appeared more natural as well.

Thanks for considering it ;)

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yes I can change it KoW, although I wonder is the frequency of head bobbing that you found a bit much was with Tedious Travel? It may not be enough. I think you might be able to adjust the value if you find the mod settings file and edit it without going into the mod settings window which is where it's restricted to 0-16. Maybe I will need to enable the terrain following to be disabled like TheLacus did with the grass. Hope not because that means I will need to figure out how to do this with mod comms stuff.

Secondly, although I thought I fixed the fatigue during rest when encumbered bug in 0.4, it seems there's an issue with the player is resting property that means it can sometimes fail. At least this is just a loop of falling to the ground exhausted instead of death, which can be stopped with a fast enough click on stop button after dismissing the pop-up. Just wanted to make people aware in case they hit it. Best to not rest when carrying over 75% encumbrance, but it only happens sometimes. Not sure of the conditions that cause the failure unfortunately.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:51 pm Best to not rest when carrying over 75% encumbrance, but it only happens sometimes. Not sure of the conditions that cause the failure unfortunately.
Well, then you'll just have to set up camp. Pile all your baggage next to you and go to sleep :D

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 4:51 pm Yes I can change it KoW, although I wonder is the frequency of head bobbing that you found a bit much was with Tedious Travel? It may not be enough. I think you might be able to adjust the value if you find the mod settings file and edit it without going into the mod settings window which is where it's restricted to 0-16. Maybe I will need to enable the terrain following to be disabled like TheLacus did with the grass. Hope not because that means I will need to figure out how to do this with mod comms stuff.
That was just by running around on a horse without a Tedious Travel. I use Distant Terrain which makes some areas more rough.
Ive tried changing it to 32 in mods preset settings and saw no difference. Tried 128 and nothing changed as well.

The movement of the head up and down is too strong for my taste. Ive noticed it really made me nauseous after running for a few minutes. So a option to smooth it out a bit more would solve that issue, if possible.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Okay I will extend the range of smoothing, and also have an option to turn off the terrain following as well I think. Certainly don't want to make anyone feel sick.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Fabulous, thanks a lot!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Okay I added the ability to disable terrain following for the enhanced riding, and also allowed the soften factor to go up to 32. I hope 32 works for you KoW but you can always turn it off in settings now if you need to.

Also added a restriction to climbing that you have to sheathe your weapon, and if you draw it while climbing you will fall pretty soon after. This will need to wait until the core changes, and the tuning of climbing chance I also did, has been merged and released.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Very nice, and I like the additional climbing changes. This mod is turning to be essential *thumbs up*

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Looking forward to the climbing changes.

This is a mod I never really think about, but instantly miss when it's not active. I can never play this game again without the ability to gallop :D