[MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Roleplay & Realism (modular)

Post by Hazelnut »

nicksta1310 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:16 pm I have two issues to report and a belated Christmas present.

First, the ship option is highlighted on the transportation menu when I'm in a port town, even though I don't own a ship. Selecting the option does nothing at first, but then the screen goes blank when leaving the transportation menu.
Thanks for reporting that bug. Was a dumb mistake in my mods code that is now fixed. I will release it soon.
nicksta1310 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:16 pm Secondly, I think there's something wrong with tavernkeeper variant 197_5-0.
He certainly doesn't match the portrait, to say the least.

197_5-0_broken.png

I created an alternative by combining his lower body with the upper body from 197_4-0, adding some blue to fix the hole in the cleaning cloth and removing some magenta pixels.

197_5-0_present.png

I have no experience with exporting PNG files for use in DFU, so I'm not certain that it will display properly. I'm willing to try again with some guidance on the proper settings, if necessary.
All I'm doing is changing the sprite, I didn't do anything with the portrait so that's expected. Thanks for making an alternative, but I think you've actually restored the original head that the artist replaced... the sprites are based on existing ones I believe.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

So I've observed and have seen a few people using the "clickable beds" feature, but are confused when after clicking on a particular bed that after waking up they wake up in a completely different room/location of the inn.

Wasn't this apart of this feature for RPR, when you clicked a bed and slept that way, you would maintain your position near said bed whenever you clicked it? If this was not the case then my memory was just incorrect, but I feel like you would not have added the clickable bed features if you expected the player to just be teleported upon waking up anyway.

So maybe this is a bug that has just not been reported much or something, that may have been broken from some DFU update at some point? Don't know, just wanted to make you aware of this potential issue, if it is one, thanks.

Edit: So Kab just said something that makes me think my memory was incorrect in this case. So instead, maybe I'll just use the opportunity to request this become a feature? That being, whatever bed was clicked before initiating rest, when the player wakes up from said rest (without interruptions atleast), their position upon clicking said bed is maintained? That might have to circumvent some code with sleeping in inns or something, but just something to think about, thanks.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Your memory is correct, I implemented it so it didn't teleport you to a random bed which is what it does if you sleep from the rest menu. I will need to look into why that's not working anymore. Thanks for reporting it.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods