The new "studio" room is mostly set up. I can't hang the panels at the primary reflection points because I've got a closet door in the way on the left, and part of a window on the right. So I'll have to build a couple stands out of 2x4's for them. I only need to raise the panels about a foot, just need to go to a local hardware store and get them to cut some lumber for me.
I'm also talking with some general contractors about building/finishing a room in the basement that will act as a multi-purpose room. Gaming, entertainment, wet-bar, and band rehearsal space. I was hoping to go with a 17x21 ft. room, but it's looking like I'll have to scale it back to 16x20, which should still work fine. However, depending on the local township codes, it may or may not require an egress window. Kinda depends on how the room is used. If it's considered a living space, it needs egress. A recreation room would not need egress. But an eating area/bedroom/family room would need egress. And it's not cheap to cut a new egress into the foundation wall.
The house was built in 1969, so it has a few old house issues to take care of. First and foremost, we had a very heavy rain this evening, and on a hunch I decided to check the basement. Sure enough, we had a little bit of water intrusion. Not a lot, but enough for there to be a couple good sized puddles. I found 2 spots on the foundation wall next to the driveway that were weeping water. Rest of the wall and rest of the basement were bone dry. One intrusion point was about 6-inches to 1ft. below grade in a corner near the clothes dryer, and the other one was a good few feet below grade, under the basement stairs. I'm pretty sure that particular spot is below a hole in the driveway that needs patching. The other one, I think the water just overwhelmed the downspout and pooled along the back side of the side entrance steps.
Hoping it will be a simple fix, but I'm not willing to DIY it, and want it done properly, also because that the area around that wall was drilled to treat for termites by the seller around mid-July. So I contacted a reputable local waterproofing business to come out and do a free inspection, and see what we can do to remedy the issue. Need to nip this problem in the bud! Sadly, it may cut into my available funds for the basement room design, and I may have to put that off until next year. But maybe not. We shall see!
In any case, here's a shot of the new "studio" room upstairs. The acoustic measurement wasn't too horrible. I just need to get the panels up off the floor, and track down a deep null at 125 Hz. The low end does ring a little bit after dropping about 30 dB SPL in the first 300ms. I suspect it's the closet. Packing the closet with more clothes and stuff should help control its resonance. I also need to sort out some clutter and the clump of tables to the right.