[MOD] Improved Interior Lighting [October 2020 - v1.0.3]

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
pango

Re: [MOD] Improved Interior Lighting [October 2020 - v1.0.3]

Post by pango »

I could be mistaken, but my understanding is that recompiling this mod will change nothing (assuming it's already compatible with the new version of Unity); The colorspace is a parameter set at the project level, that mod contains no textures and the light sources colors should already be converted from sRGB to linear during rendering.

The main effect switching colorspace could have on this mod is that the light sources should be manually tweaked to better fit new rendering look, but that's obviously not something the compiler will do...
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks Pango,

If the mod does not need to be rebuilt, its all good. I just want to be sure. So a 100% confirmation would be great, before I dive deeper into it, and thats why I wanted to build it myself and compare. Than I found out I cant, because if I build the mod, it lacks the settings screen :X

I also have the impression its not needed to be rebuilt, but direct comparison proof would be better

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I believe Pango has it right. If the mod is just tweaking core light values without any new materials or shaders then it shouldn't have any troubles with this change. If the currently version of mod runs and works in 0.13, it won't need a rebuild just for compatibility sake.

But author might want to re-tune lighting based on gamma > linear change and how lights can look different. At least this isn't a blocking issue.