Oghma Infinium update my PC level, but not really

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Firebrand

Oghma Infinium update my PC level, but not really

Post by Firebrand » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:37 am

Yesterday my PC read Oghma Infinium. Before reading it, she was level 9 at 39% progress to level 10. Reading it, she had both:
  • 30 points to distribute, as expected :)
  • 1 level up to level 10 (with about 8 more hit points than previously), not really as expected :?
That level up hadn't to do with experience I had, since sleeping for 6 or more hours before reading the book didn't make any difference.

Today my PC got enough experience to level up again (progress to next level was 96% before fast travelling, and after was back to 6%), but - guess what? My level is still 10 :? :? :?

I hope that from next level up I will move forward to level 11 :?

It looks like there's a problem with Oghma Infinum scripts, however:
it's not supposed to level up your PC, and however, if it anticipate a level up, you lose 4-6 points to distribute (the one paired with the correct level up).

I'll try at least to fix this last one, looking if I can manually edit the save game :?

Firebrand

Re: Oghma Infinium update my PC level, but not really

Post by Firebrand » Thu Aug 15, 2019 4:45 pm

I'm attaching a savegame with the Oghma Infinium in my inventory, use it and see what's happening :shock:
Attachments
SAVE35.zip
Before reading Oghma Infinium
(382.51 KiB) Downloaded 40 times

Firebrand

Re: Oghma Infinium update my PC level, but not really

Post by Firebrand » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:41 am

Firebrand wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:37 am
I hope that from next level up I will move forward to level 11 :?
I can confirm that at last I manage to get to level 11 without problems :)

So, summarizing:

Oghma Infinium gives you correctly 30 attribute points to distribute, but uncorrectly anticipates a level up, causing this way to lose the additional 4-6 attribute points you should gain with the level up. You get however the corresponding hit points increase.
The next level up is not even registered, and your skill after reaching 100% just go back to 0%.
After that, leveling up looks fine again :)