All about that range

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ommamar

All about that range

Post by Ommamar » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:35 am

So just finished a quest that had a bear behind a curtain, I could turn the curtains to better see him but I couldn't get into the space and he couldn't get out. I couldn't hit with the sword I had but he could hit me, the only way I was able to complete is I happened to have a magic item with a shock spell. The moral of the story is always carry a bow or have a range spell even if neither is your main focus. Here is the save it occurred in:
Attachments
SAVE31.zip
(316.48 KiB) Downloaded 1 time

pango

Re: All about that range

Post by pango » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:38 am

The same kind of asymmetry seems to happen with cages (monsters inside can hit you at melee range, but hitting them is very difficult... @Jay_H demonstrated it's possible, it still feels very difficult).

If I remember sometimes your quest target will be in cage, so it seems necessary that you can hurt stuff in cage, no matter your class abilities...
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Ommamar

Re: All about that range

Post by Ommamar » Fri Aug 16, 2019 3:09 pm

pango wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:38 am
The same kind of asymmetry seems to happen with cages (monsters inside can hit you at melee range, but hitting them is very difficult... @Jay_H demonstrated it's possible, it still feels very difficult).

If I remember sometimes your quest target will be in cage, so it seems necessary that you can hurt stuff in cage, no matter your class abilities...
I haven't had a quest target in a cage but I do agree they are very difficult to hit with melee attack while they seem to have no problem. First time I had seen the quest target suck behind banners like that where I couldn't hit them with a sword.