[Update TBA] The Ironman Module Pack

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
DFIronman

Re: [Update TBA] The Ironman Module Pack

Post by DFIronman »

Hi guys,

I want to let you know that I haven't been dead, in jail, hacked, or otherwise permanently impeded from working on this. I apologize that the update never came. This was basically complete and just needed testing, but it couldn't be released until 0.10.26 for technical reasons. While I was waiting for 0.10.26's release, other things ended up taking precedence and time passed on.

I tend to work on these things purely as a hobby, so I very much try to avoid treating any mod release as an obligation to a community. I understand others feel differently - maybe a certain responsibility - but if I subscribed to that, I never would have worked on this at all to begin with. I can't promise I won't disappear again, but I do promise that I'll make the effort to check back every so often and keep you all updated until at least the next release of this.

All that said, it's gratifying to hear that you're looking forward to its release - I am as well. I hope to make time to work on updating it for the past year's changes in DFU, but I hope to have good news for you in the next month or two, or so.

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Yesterday and today, I looked into laying some groundwork for updating this thing. In 2019.27.f1, Unity broke a C# language feature that I need for my current implementation. 2019.28.f1 (DFU's current Unity version) and the current latest Unity version haven't fixed the issue, but I submitted a detailed bug report to the Unity team and, hopefully, it'll be fixed in a future Unity version.

Interkarma mentioned he intended to upgrade DFU's Unity version again, so this mod will hopefully, finally, see a release around the time a fix is implemented and that upgrade occurs. Meanwhile, I'll be looking into alternative implementations, but everything so far has been a dead end. Failing that, there may be changes made after DFU 1.0 that will enable the mod to work regardless of whether or not the Unity team fixes this issue.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Great to hear from you! Hope everything goes smoothly and we once again get this great mod to our game. :)

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Seferoth wrote: Sat Aug 28, 2021 5:16 am Great to hear from you! Hope everything goes smoothly and we once again get this great mod to our game. :)
Hey, glad you're still around. I haven't tested every feature yet, so don't hold me this, but with changes Hazelnut made that should be merged in the next DFU release, I think I should be able to overcome every other issue!

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Just posting quickly to say that I haven't forgotten about this. I'm trying to steal some time to work on it - there are still some issues that need to be addressed thanks to engine updates and a few other things that needed polishing. It'll be a little while yet, but it'll happen.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

The mere hope that it'll be finished, one day, is enough :)

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

DFIronman wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:53 am Just posting quickly to say that I haven't forgotten about this. I'm trying to steal some time to work on it - there are still some issues that need to be addressed thanks to engine updates and a few other things that needed polishing. It'll be a little while yet, but it'll happen.
This video reminds me of me and this mod. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aub7zz2NzSQ

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Jay_H wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:52 pm The mere hope that it'll be finished, one day, is enough :)
It definitely will. I'm really looking forward to getting it out there - it's been way too long.
Seferoth wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 11:44 pm This video reminds me of me and this mod. :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aub7zz2NzSQ
Hahaha, unfortunately, that's a fair comparison. It'll happen!

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

*cough* Still waiting *Cough*

DFIronman

Post by DFIronman »

Seferoth wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 12:40 am *cough* Still waiting *Cough*
I know, man, I'm sorry. I haven't been able to steal enough time to work on it. I very much want to get this out - it's still on my mind. I'm sorry I don't have better news.