Daggerfall Unity Wiki

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Lywzc

Re: Daggerfall Unity Wiki

Post by Lywzc »

Yes so I want to change all DFU to the full name Daggerfall Unity.

And as you said, future the majority that consult the Classic pages will be DFU players, they will care the differences and they may not want to dig the differences they want to know in the big differences page.

And I agree that information must be based on actual tests and codes.

Rand

Post by Rand »

DFU console wiki page omits the add_all_equip command (and the various parameters).

Had to stumble across it on paper-doll replacement art thread. Partially listed in 10.12 release note, but not most parameters.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Yep, it's well behind the times. I haven't updated it.

Consequence of Grace

Post by Consequence of Grace »

~
Jay_H wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:03 pm Yep, it's well behind the times. I haven't updated it.
What luck finding this thread!

I find "add_all_equip" did not work at all, but I tried using the console with "add_weapon" and it doesn't work, either.

My new Breton Paladin is absolutely dreadful with her Elven Flail (the Custom class used the Healer Questionnaire), even with a decent STR and Blunt Weapon score. She just can't hit skeletons and keeps dying to a rat!

I've known how to hack the questionnaires for years, so I know the codes for Category, Item and Construction Material.

EG, a Mithril mace would be IT 3 11 5 in the questionnaire, ITEM, Weapon, Mace, Mithril, so I assume "IT 3" is covered by "add-weapon", so I used "add_weapon 11 5" and the console says "Item Added to Inventory".

But I get invisible items that I can't equip and say "%it[nullMCP] is broken"

I could hack the questionnaire to give her a Mithril Mace instead of Elven Flail, but I'd rather not roll another character.

Is there a guide to how to use the console properly, or is it just bugged?

Cheers!

Consequence of Grace

It would be really nice to have a downloadable guide as well, in addition to the Help pdf that comes with Unity. That one is basically how to set up Unity for playing. A guide with details of the console codes etc would be great.

One of the best general Guides for classic vanilla is Mark Stinton's guide. I used that for years and updated it a fair bit for my own use. It would need more updating for Unity, though.

:)

Rand

Post by Rand »

Consequence of Grace wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:03 pm I find "add_all_equip" did not work at all, but I tried using the console with "add_weapon" and it doesn't work, either.

Is there a guide to how to use the console properly, or is it just bugged?
Yeah, sorry. The command add_all_equip requires a parameter or else it fails. If you type help (whatever command) it'll list the available parameters for that command.

For add_all_equip, you have five options:

add_all_equip clothing
add_all_equip clothingAllDyes
add_all_equip armor
add_all_equip weapons
add_all_equip magicWeapons

double check these in the help function in case they change (or I wrote one down wrong). ;)

Consequence of Grace

Oh, I see! THAT'S what it means!

Cheers!

:D

jayhova

Post by jayhova »

I just wanted to say if anyone wishes to use items in the Glossary in whole or in part in the Wiki feel free to do so.
Remember always 'What would Julian Do?'.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

I'm considering erasing the "Mods Listing" page from the wiki. Nexusmods fills the role well enough, and having an incomplete listing seems too selective, as in biased for some mods and against others. I'll give time for feedback before I make that decision.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:40 am I'm considering erasing the "Mods Listing" page from the wiki. Nexusmods fills the role well enough, and having an incomplete listing seems too selective, as in biased for some mods and against others. I'll give time for feedback before I make that decision.
Completely agree.