MOD - PAPERDOLL - weapons revert to silver when in inventory

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
King of Worms

MOD - PAPERDOLL - weapons revert to silver when in inventory

Post by King of Worms »

So since the weapons are modded I have this issue.

Lets take ebony dagger as a example:

When you equip it to the paperdoll, its properly black. When you remove it and see it in the inventory, it reverts to silver.
And the same goes for all the weapons, even magic.

This does not happen with armors.

Can someone pls check it?

DFU not modded
ORIG.png
ORIG.png (21.75 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
DFU modded
MOD.png
MOD.png (227.52 KiB) Viewed 1637 times
As u can see, the modded weapons are all silver (or some material like that) and not dark like they should be. It does not matter, what material the weapon had, even red daedric will revert to this silver in the inventory.

When you equip these weapons, they correct themselves on the paperdoll to the right material (so daedric turns red, ebony turns dark etc etc etc)

ThatRabbitsDynamite

Re: MOD - PAPERDOLL - weapons revert to silver when in inventory

Post by ThatRabbitsDynamite »

As of now for some reason the base textures that effect chain and silver also over write the icon textures

I tried modding armor with lose files and the human female boots which is 247_1-0.png over wrote all the others icons so 247_1-0_Steel.png, 247_1-0_Mithril.png, 247_1-0_Orcish.png, 247_1-0_Daedric.png all worked on the Paperdoll but all had the Silver/Chain textures which 247_1-0.png covers so just delete the base textures files and live with deafault silver textures for silver weapons for now

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for feedback.
If I see a bug, I report it. Pls do the same ;) Take care!

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Apparently with a modded HD paperdoll this bug isn't limited to unequipping weapons. After a brief test, I've found out that:
  • weapons sold in stores are affected too. For example, a Mithril weapon appears like silver, instead of blue.
  • weapons in loot are affected too, the same as in stores.
  • Sometimes also armors in loot are affected. I've seen for example an Iron Cuirass and a Leather helmet which in loot appear like silver. Other pieces of armor in loot (Leather Pauldron, for example) seems not being affected.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Thanks for the info.

Yup, we talk about the same thing, these items (weapons and armor) revert to silver when not equipped - that means everywhere else in the inventory, like the mentioned shop windows

Yes, its also extends to all armors but leather, Ive found out recently as well - I reported it all on the Git bug section, thanks for confirmation.

Until this bug is solved, I will not release it as a part of a DREAM mod. Plus the non-working HD heads..

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:38 pm Thanks for the info.

Yup, we talk about the same thing, these items (weapons and armor) revert to silver when not equipped - that means everywhere else in the inventory, like the mentioned shop windows

Yes, its also extends to all armors but leather, Ive found out recently as well - I reported it all on the Git bug section, thanks for confirmation.

Until this bug is solved, I will not release it as a part of a DREAM mod.
This was fixed today, you should have received a notification. ;)
King of Worms wrote: Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:38 pm Plus the non-working HD heads..
They have always been working as far as I know. The example you provided contains a misspelling (see github issue for details).

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Oh very good thank you for fixing it!
Plus that typo :oops: Will correct it, I was not able to see it

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

Cool! 8-)

So, now all the major remaining issues with modded paperdoll are fixed? :)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hmm might be, I need to test it and correct the typos on the heads.

I was delaying the release of RC6 in hopes this gets fixed. Than I fired the trigger anyway and kept paperdoll unreleased. The very same day all bugs get fixed. Thats life... Im glad its dealt with ,)

I dont really want to distribute the paperdoll separately, so it will be in RC7 I guess. Plus I hope Sitrus will continue working on it. I still hope his and DREAM paperdoll projects get merged. His armors and items are spectacullar. But this all remains to be decided.

Plus the paperdoll still needs some polish. Its a ongoing process. This one window is quite complex :x As Ive said, its like 15000 files...

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand »

King of Worms wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 6:41 pm I dont really want to distribute the paperdoll separately, so it will be in RC7 I guess. Plus I hope Sitrus will continue working on it. I still hope his and DREAM paperdoll projects get merged. His armors and items are spectacullar. But this all remains to be decided.

Plus the paperdoll still needs some polish. Its a ongoing process. This one window is quite complex :x As Ive said, its like 15000 files...
There's no need to rush RC7 :)

Sitrus is doing an amazing work, just coordinate all the efforts and when you know all is ready, release the HD paperdoll :)