Pay Taxes for Propery

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
The Holy Knight

Pay Taxes for Propery

Post by The Holy Knight »

I know I sound like a weirdo but I like to have to pay tax for property. Like where you have to go to the Bank to pay it every half of a year or whatnot. You always see it talked about every New Year ingame and it would add a weird immersion to the game and make another reason to earn money. Just a thought that could make better for a fantasy life RP :mrgreen:

theJF

Re: Pay Taxes for Propery

Post by theJF »

I think you need to work on your fantasizing!!
But for RP purposes you could leave a treasure pile in your local bank for every years tax and see it pile up over time.

The Holy Knight

Haha That could also work as well! I just like my character to be like anyone else etc

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Well with this Id go to the Hazelnuts "roleplay and realism" thread. He is open for ideas to include in his mod and this fits there Id say. I think it makes sense to have this. Everyone needs to pay taxes. With property comes the responsibility Id say (thats why I own nothing 😂 )

theJF

Post by theJF »

I for one cannot wait for a fully realistic taxation mod featuring variable sales taxes between kingdoms, income tax on quest rewards, an accountancy guild, roaming tax collectors hunting down evaders and non-payers, capital gains taxes on selling boats, stamp duty on houses, horse taxes on steeds and carts, customs restrictions on moving liquid assets between kingdoms and the designation of Cybiades as an off-shore tax haven.

I'll stop now ;)

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yeeaahaaa thats what I was always missing. You leave a dungeon after week of scavanging, all smelly and ill and there is a guy waiting for you outside "Im here to collect a royal tax on your loot, criminal scum"

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

...This isn't the time to mention that one of the Warm Ashes Cities events is to pay taxes, is it?

The Holy Knight

Really?I knew not of this.