Skygerfall

Off topic discussion. Talk about gaming and life in general. Be awesome to each other.
Ommamar

Skygerfall

Post by Ommamar » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:35 am

I saw this mentioned in another thread, the first iteration is complete and available on nexus. I am currently downloading it but I am wondering if anyone has tried it yet? Apparently you can complete the main quest, it also mentions a few supporting mods that swing Skyrim character builds towards Daggerfall system. So I will try those as well then let everyone know if I found it worth the time to play,

Ommamar

Re: Skygerfall

Post by Ommamar » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:14 am

Well can see the effort put in to this, I am hoping it continues to be fleshed out as it seems to literally just be the main quest from Daggerfall. I started a fresh build and it is very difficult, everything seems to have rushed me all at once in Privateer's Hold. I managed to make it out of that will some running away and using the platform. Met Lady Brianne who gives access to a house which is nice. In the house I found a note and a bunch of alchemy ingredients, started tasting them to get the first effect. Not sure if it is one of the ingredients or if you eat to many at once but I had one give no result so I left the menu the world literally blew up or I did with a huge continuous drop in all resource pools.
I found Odd Blades which has a lot of high end weapons that are priced way above what I found to sell. I found the mages guild but wasn't able to enter it, which is a bummer as I have the weak starting spells. I went and spoke to the queen who sent me to go find the batty old women in her castle. So far I have been able to kill an imp and two mages using bow sneak attack with a fade to reset stealth. I guess I will try to travel in the wilderness to build things up and hopefully get some better gear as right now the build is very weak.

Firebrand

Post by Firebrand » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:17 pm

A Skygerfall playthrough by Tamrielle :geek:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAIyDLPxkfk

oracus0

Post by oracus0 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:04 pm

I'm glad you found my Skygerfall mod on the Nexus! It's just the Main Quest for now, but I found a couple people to help out, so that we will eventually be able to have proper landscaping done with random encounters, more buildings to enter, and guild and side quests. The Daggerfall Modeling program really helped me out, and I used many models from jman0war, so thank you to this community! Ommamar, there are court sorcerers in the castles at Daggerfall, Wayrest and Sentinel that will sell you spells... And I'm afraid you experienced normal Skyrim behavior when you ate all of those ingredients at once! Make sure you grab the healing potions too, which were in the same container as the ingredients in your house. As I stated on the mod page, the mod's purpose is not to replace TESII: Daggerfall, but to bring some of its magic and lore to Elder Scrolls fans of the Skyrim generation that would never otherwise experience it, as well as perhaps delight those fans of the original game that would love to see the Main Quest in an updated engine, complete with voice acting, re-mastered music and better graphics. I also recommended that people consider playing Daggerfall Unity! If anyone is interested, the mod can be found on the Nexus for both Legendary Edition: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/99469 and Special Edition: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecial ... mods/29416 .

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:40 pm

This is good to know as I have only so far been to Castle Daggerfall that had the guy at the entrance that warned against wandering so I didn't. I did find the mages guild in Daggerfall that has cool graphics to show the entrance but I couldn't go in at this time. I even ran by the chest in Privateer's Hold so I didn't even get those 3 spell books (saw they where there watching an introduction play through). One thing I did wonder about was is the mob magnet effect in Privateer's Hold intended? Things that I found in DFU where way away from their area, almost seemed like a constant battle, it would make sense for them to come to heard noise but made things very tough!

I guess I never saw that happen in any of my Skyrim play through but I usually ate the alchemy component as soon as I picked it up to get the first effect. I can't recall a time where I had that many components that I tried at once so was quite a surprise. I did have those heal extreme potions but my health still dropped too fast to survive even after taking three.

You did a good job with the voice acting which was a nice surprise as I expected mostly text but so far all the major npc's have been voiced. Music was good but I did have to turn it down as I noticed it was louder then what the mobs where saying. I am glad that you found people to help out as you have a good foundation that has the potential to blossom into the Daggerfall world.

One thing I noticed that didn't seem to be working was a mod you mentioned in your write up on Nexus that allows you to choose some of the traits from Daggerfall. I had another alternate start, Skyrim Unbound that allowed me to use the trait mod by interacting with a parchment but it wasn't available when I disabled that mod to try Skygerfall.

oracus0

Post by oracus0 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 11:06 pm

I made the mod in the old Creation Kit, and when I played it on Legendary Edition, everyone stayed where they were supposed to in Privateer's Hold. I only noticed the mob effect in Special Edition. I might need to flag the enemies as "helps no one" to avoid that... You can wander around the castles freely... You should be able to return to Privateers Hold to pick up your spells... The Daggerfall traits mod adds a book to your inventory to let you choose your traits. I only activated after I started a new game, so I guess I didn't realize I need to delete the line of code that deletes all of your items at startup. Thanks for your input!

Ommamar

Post by Ommamar » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:30 am

Glad to help. One of the tactics/strategies I have used on a new build in both classic and DFU is to farm Privateer's Hold until I got a Elven or higher weapon, does it reset in this mod once cleared?

That is good to know if you do that in DFU there comes a point where things go aggressive on you to include the castle guard. Since I am finding a new character rough going at level 4 I am playing cautiously.

oracus0

Post by oracus0 » Sat Oct 12, 2019 1:54 am

I think it takes 3 to 10 days typically in Skyrim for dungeons to reset, but yes, the enemies are set to respawn... The orc in Privateers Hold has orcish weapons guaranteed...