Testing Full Project On Git

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Interkarma

Re: Testing Full Project On Git

Post by Interkarma »

reporting_a_bug wrote: I saved over it, but I managed to replicate the bug. It happens when you have killed mobs, then save, die, exit the game, and then reload the save.

Here are two save file, one is before reloading, the other is after I reloaded and killed the bugged mobs.

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/2825f ... dc813dbb2c

https://gist.github.com/anonymous/0b60d ... 587c95b72a
Thank you. Will reproduce on my end and fix. :)

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

Wait you mean that the map is not revealed when exploring? If so this is a bug. Will have to take a look then...

reporting_a_bug

Post by reporting_a_bug »

Nystul wrote:Wait you mean that the map is not revealed when exploring? If so this is a bug. Will have to take a look then...
Yes, maybe , depending on what you mean by "revealed". The map expands to show new corridors but doesn't keep the already explored areas in the map. I'm not sure when it started happening, but now when I enter dungeons, only the section of hallway I'm in is displayed. it may only happen after a reload of a save, I'd have to check again. :D

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

please try specifying layer 10 to value "Automap" (without the quotation marks) under Edit/Project Settings/Tags and Layers and see if that helps

my additional layers are:
8: "SkyLayer"
9: "WorldTerrain"
10: "Automap"

and it works here

reporting_a_bug

Nystul wrote:please try specifying layer 10 to value "Automap" (without the quotation marks) under Edit/Project Settings/Tags and Layers and see if that helps

my additional layers are:
8: "SkyLayer"
9: "WorldTerrain"
10: "Automap"

and it works here
The Automap value is already set to use layer 10. The SkyLayer and WorldTerrain are in Layer 8 and 9 respectively.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

this is mysterious :D

reporting_a_bug

Nystul wrote:this is mysterious :D
I started a new character, and tried some dungeons, and the map works with this new character. So I deleted that save, and replaced it with the save I posted to interkarma earlier. Now the map works.. :?: (but I did fall through the floor into nothing though I understand this is vanilla behaviour ;) )

EDIT:

I managed to replicate it! I'm not just imagining things! It doesn't happen every time, and maybe only if you do down a level in the dungeon, or perhaps it's random. I saved, died, reloaded a few times and explored the area a bit each time. This last time, the map isn't keeping previously explored areas visible in the map. Only a little of the surroundings.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

keep in mind that saving and reloading will currently not keep the automap state.

nevertheless there might be some bugs with the automap in conjunction with the new save system, the automap is still work in progress to a certain degree. whenever you find a bug that can be reproduced please don't hesitate to tell me ;)

reporting_a_bug

Nystul wrote:keep in mind that saving and reloading will currently not keep the automap state.
I understand that the progress of the map will not be saved in the save file. What is happening is that, after reloading, and then exploring further, the map no longer keeps progress within the game. e.g. in that screenshot, I had explored areas farther back, after reloading, than is shown.

Nystul

Post by Nystul »

hmm ok, so we need to find a sequence of actions that makes it possible to reproduce the issue

one further question: what happens if you click with the right mouse button on the "stairs up" button? do the missing section reappear. or do they if you press the enter key to switch to the other display modes?
maybe the problem is related to the slice plane level when you descending in the dungeon