From a long time fan of these games... I got a small gripe with this.

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Hazelnut

Re: From a long time fan of these games... I got a small gripe with this.

Post by Hazelnut »

You're making me think that the console needs to be disabled when DFU is released as 1.0!

Obviously it will be enablable for those that know what they are doing for testing mods etc.

That command you used was made for people who're replacing all of the clothing graphics. And you can specify single items, it's different commands:
add cloth 1
add_clothing {Genders} {MensClothing|WomensClothing} {Races} {DyeColors}

The console is dev & test tool, it's not intended for cheat codes really.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Consequence of Grace

Post by Consequence of Grace »

There's no need to disable the console, just improve it.

What you mentioned just adds a single, random item from the group.

To add a Mithril Wakazashi to the Nightblade questionnaire, I can add IT 3 4 5 to one of the questions.

it would be better if i could add individual items via the console, rather than all weapons of all types and all materials, or just one, single random. like an iron warhammer.

;)

I abandoned that character with the 5 million gold and started my Shadow Spirit, a Custom Nightblade type.

:)

That reminds me, the damage ranges seem way off. The material is meant to increase the minimum and maximum damage, is it not? based on Steel, Iron being -2, Elven being +2?

This could be another reason Privateer's Hold is harder than it was, if the ebony dagger has minimum damage of 4 instead of 9.

Cheers!

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Consequence of Grace wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 10:00 pm This could be another reason Privateer's Hold is harder than it was, if the ebony dagger has minimum damage of 4 instead of 9.
That was the correct number in classic. Daggerfall showed several values incorrectly, and DFU displays them properly. The Ebony Dagger is tremendously overrated ;)

Consequence of Grace

I read somewhere about the DFU project "correcting" weapon values. It was ages ago, so I forget where exactly (probably here somewhere).

But weapon modifiers for materials are based on +0 for Steel/Silver, and a dagger has 1-6 damage.

Ebony has a +8 bonus, so 9-14 is the correct range for an ebony dagger. Elven +2, Dwarven +4, so 3-8 and 5-10 for those daggers.

I've not seen any evidence it's incorrect. Maybe you could point me at a link?

Does DFU reduce the bonuses to +1, +2, +3, +4, +5 etc instead of +2, +4, +6, +8, +10?

I'll check my notes.

;)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

If you read through the entire page at https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Weapons (which has been recently corrected to explain the classic damage etc. display bugs in more detail), you'll know everything you need to know. ;)

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

And thank you mike for doing all that work :)

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Just following your lead, Jay!

Consequence of Grace

mikeprichard wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:08 am If you read through the entire page at https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Weapons (which has been recently corrected to explain the classic damage etc. display bugs in more detail)
Thanks for that link.

Yes, a display bug is not the same as a bug in the code. A bug on the code does something it's not meant to, while a display bug just shows incorrect information in the tooltips etc.

The armours also display values that make no sense for the displayed AC modifiers, but DO make sense for Protection Rating if the weapon material values are applied to armour.

And yet, like wandering monster detection radius being double what it should be, and being interrupted while resting in Privateer's Hold 6, 7, 8, 9 times in a row...

I can miss a RAT 8, 9, 10, 11 times in a row, and a rat can bite through a full set of Dwarven armour the instant a door opens.

So are you saying that when the ebony dagger said it did 9 to 14 points of damage, that was a display bug and the bonus for ebony in the now vanished code was actually +4, and not +8? So it should do 5 to 10, not 9 to 14?

I wanted to insert an image of a table of the values I have for all the weapons and armours, but can't do it.

:(

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

Consequence of Grace wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:06 pm The armours also display values that make no sense for the displayed AC modifiers, but DO make sense for Protection Rating if the weapon material values are applied to armour.
Got you covered there too! https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Daggerfall:Armor
Consequence of Grace wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:06 pm And yet, like wandering monster detection radius being double what it should be, and being interrupted while resting in Privateer's Hold 6, 7, 8, 9 times in a row...
The dungeon spawning mechanics were just fixed in the new build. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3138
Consequence of Grace wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:06 pm So are you saying that when the ebony dagger said it did 9 to 14 points of damage, that was a display bug and the bonus for ebony in the now vanished code was actually +4, and not +8? So it should do 5 to 10, not 9 to 14?
Yes; in both classic and DFU, the actual damage done by the ebony dagger is 5-10, as shown in the linked UESP page. Only in classic, the damage was incorrectly displayed in tooltips, as described on that page in detail. See also one of the original discussions on this at viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2300#p26931.

Consequence of Grace

Cheers, and thanks for the armour link! :)

But, hmm... I still miss a lot more than I used to and get hit by rats more often than I hit them.

But then, it's an alpha build, and pretty fantastic so far.

:D