[Mod] Taverns Redone

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Uncanny_Valley

Re: [Mod] Taverns Redone

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Here is a preview version of 0.16 that adds 9 additional redone taverns, these can be found in Gothway Gardens in Daggerfall and Tunwall Borough in Wayrest. I would be very grateful for any feedback. :D

Version 0.16
  • +9 taverns redone
Taverns Redone 0.16.zip
(135.42 KiB) Downloaded 169 times

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Id gladly go thru them :) All taverns you did are great so far, thanks for the update!

I have one minor thing which bothers me greatly tho.

I think in each tavern, there should be one sprite of naked lady in some of the more secluded rooms.
These images are not used anywhere else in the game, so if you dont use em in this mod, they are completely erased from DFU. And that would be really sad :cry: Ive seen some of those used in your mod but not all by far.

The archive 184 is basically the tavern folks, and it include these ladies... so its not like its not lore friendly etc.

Ill write down the missing sprites Id like to see - if just 1 of those is placed in each tavern it would be absolutely splendid (I know few of those u used already - but not all and some of your taverns dont have any) The green ones I consider crucial. The rest is not crucial, but would be nice to see. Epecially those which are not used in game or absolutely under utilized.

184_6
184_7
184_8
184_9
184_10 (this one is OVER-utilized, it was in way too much taverns)
184_11
184_12

Than there is this unused sprite of a lady
182_32-0

From same archive there are two animated ladies, they are used sparsely in the game, but would fit the inns to increase variety
182_47
182_48

Than this unused witch dancer (never met her in game, if she is there, she is totally hidden)
179_3

Than the necromancer dancers (rarely used or never used - these are not those from KoW lair)
176_2
176_3
176_4

And finally the KoW dancers, I think if you place one in a tavern, its all right.. they are used only once in the whole game
178_5
178_6

Thanks a lot for considering this :geek:

PS: I saw some of the new taverns and they are lovely, not over the top, but thats good! I also loved the tavern in Gothway Garden, with the outside tables at the roof part - awesome!
Last edited by King of Worms on Sat Dec 19, 2020 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KovuCougar

Post by KovuCougar »

Uncanny_Valley wrote: Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:09 am Taverns Redone 0.16.zip
It's minor and has no effect whatsoever, but the Taverns Redon 0.16.txt file inside still lists:
Mod Version: 0.15

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

New version released: 0.16

See first page for more info

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Nice. You know I never imagined when I did the world data code that someone would transform taverns like this. They're amazing, I love the variety and the vibrancy of them.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Hazelnut wrote: Sat Feb 06, 2021 2:15 pm Nice. You know I never imagined when I did the world data code that someone would transform taverns like this. They're amazing, I love the variety and the vibrancy of them.
Thanks

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

Minor update to version : 0.16.1

See first page for more info

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

1.png
1.png (1.22 MiB) Viewed 3289 times
2.png
2.png (1.38 MiB) Viewed 3289 times
3.png
3.png (1.27 MiB) Viewed 3289 times
Working on another update, adding 4 more redone taverns, which should bring it to 50% of all taverns complete.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Looks awesome!

Have you read my long post at the top of the page UV, about the woman sprites?

I can maybe add those, one in each tavern in some secluded place, if you dont want to be bothered with it? Dunno how you see it, since you did not reply to that. But I can see 184_10 in the new screen :D

Uncanny_Valley

Post by Uncanny_Valley »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:58 am Looks awesome!

Have you read my long post at the top of the page UV, about the woman sprites?

I can maybe add those, one in each tavern in some secluded place, if you dont want to be bothered with it? Dunno how you see it, since you did not reply to that. But I can see 184_10 in the new screen :D
I'm not a big fan of adding naked ladies just because, I rather keep the amount of naked people similar to the orginal game. I have added some of the characters where it makes sense, variation is a good thing.