Mod Authors - Resource Register

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: Mod Authors - Resource Register

Post by Hazelnut »

harbinger451 wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 5:00 pm Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I noticed some of the replies mentioning ID numbers for Custom Books ... I'm hoping to include a yet to be decided number of custom books with ballads for my Bards And Balladeers mod but am unsure how the ID numbers work. Some seem to be 9 digits and some 10... and is there a way of finding out what numbers have been used or are available to be used?
Any integer above 1000 will work and there's no limit except for what a C# integer can contain so conflicts are unlikely.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Sappho20 wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 7:16 pm I'm using the following global variables:
TookTheCure
OpenedShapeshifters
Unused10
Unused11,
Unused12
Unused13
Unused14
Unused15
Unused16
Unused17.
If there is a conflict with other mods I can easily change them.
Do you really need all of them? Must be something big yuou're working on. Please let me know which you used when you release and I will add to the list.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:47 pm Do you really need all of them? Must be something big yuou're working on. Please let me know which you used when you release and I will add to the list.
That mod is already released: it's Main Quest Enhanced.
viewtopic.php?t=6012

Sappho20

Post by Sappho20 »

Yeah, I have used them all in Main Quest Enhanced, two of them were for the eighth ending of the game and the rest were used for continuity, pathfinding and log updates.

I did have a version that only used 2 and instead relied on:

Code: Select all

run quest DW00002b then _winquest_ or _losequest_
However, this method only allowed a binary choice and does not allow for information to pass from quest to quests easily.
With the global variables NPC can have unique dialogue based on the choices you make in earlier quests and I can start 3 quests silently and have 2 of them end once the player has made their choice of pathway.

Something else I’ve started is to make some ‘stealth quests’ these will be done to start either exactly like a vanilla random quest ‘word for word the same’ or a new random quest, but the outcome will be to advance the main quest. The idea would be to make it possible to complete parts of the main quest by meeting a random person with knowledge. For example, someone helped burry Lysandus and tells you where his tomb is after doing a quest for him, or you learn who has the emperor’s letter by chance, or some poor commoner witnessed the death of Lysandus and can tell you a little of what he saw.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Oh that sounds very cool, sorry for my assumption you just intended to rather than had actually used them, I've not been around here as much recently and I completely missed this.

Have added them to the register. This doesn't stop anyone else using them but hopefully mod authors will check here and avoid conflicts that way.

Sappho20

Post by Sappho20 »

I'm afraid i've used another Golbal Variable:
Unused18

For 'Main Quest Enhanced', I just wanted the option to truly join the 'bad guys' and it was the only way for the
story to keep track of it.

I shouldn't use any more as I know they are a limited resource.. :oops:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hey, no worries - use them if you need them. Just no wasting, ok. :D

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

All of the below for "Locked Loot Containers" mod v1.00: viewtopic.php?t=6256

Model IDs
47330-47334

Virtual Image Archives
4721-4737

Item Template Indexes
4721-4732

Also registered a custom activation for these vanilla models: 41811-41813. Which are the 3 chest models, but they are registered and do nothing, only there so they don't get automatically "combined" when an interior scene is being created.

Thanks.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

I'm working on adding two new guilds to the game, 1, The Red Lantern, and 2, The Bards Guild. I notice some of the guild groups and faction IDs have been claimed...
Guild groups (from FactionFile.GuildGroups enum)
GGroup0: Hazelnut
GGroup18-21: Broseidon

Faction IDs (0-900 used by classic)
1000-1099: Hazelnut
1100-1200: Broseidon
I also know that GGroup1 and at least Faction IDs 1010 and 1011 are used in the Love and Lust mod by UnopenedCanofSpoopy.

The usable GGroup numbers are GGroup0 (taken), GGroup1 (taken), GGroup8, GGroup12, GGroup13, GGroup16, GGroup18 (taken), GGroup19 (taken), GGroup20 (taken) and GGroup21 (taken).

I tried using GGroup8 and GGroup12 for my guilds but I can't seem to get either to work. I know the code I'm using works, because when I allocate GGroup1 to the guild it works fine. I also tried GGroup20 and couldn't get that to work either. Are all these guild groups usable, i.e. do they function?

Obviously GGroup0 functions, because that's been used in the Archaeologists mod, and GGroup1 functions too. Has Broseidon used any of his claimed guild groups in a functioning mod yet?

I'm at a bit of a loss as to which GGroup numbers I should claim. I've still got to try GGroup13 and GGroup16, but I thought I'd take a little short cut and see if anyone else has had problems with assigning FactionFile.GuildGroups enums. Or is it just me? Am I doing something wrong, or is it the GGroups that are at fault?

EDIT: problems now sorted so I'd like to claim GGroup8 and GGroup12 for now, as well as Faction IDs 1300-1399 (giving me enough for any further possible faction/guild mods I may try at a later date.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

harbinger451 wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 4:45 pm I'm working on adding two new guilds to the game, 1, The Red Lantern, and 2, The Bards Guild. I notice some of the guild groups and faction IDs have been claimed...
Nice, do let me know if you need any guidance after reading my thread on guild creation. I'm more than happy to help.

FWIW I've heard nothing from Broseidon for a year or so, probably they're not actually going to use the 4 groups now I'm guessing.