[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Macadaynu

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by Macadaynu »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 5:31 pm I have made some thoughts about how to do it, but nothing concrete yet. So far my plan is to use daggerfall sprites when possible, as I am not a great artist and this makes the icons not only mesh with vanilla but also get automatically updated if the sprite textures are replaced.

The plan is to have an icon for each condition placed along the side of the screen which only fades in when the effect is active. So, for example, have the meat sprite appear when you have the food buff and then it fades out when the buff runs out. The same spot being used for a ration sack icon that appears and starts blinking more and more rapidly when you are starving. So during regular play you would have no icon there at all.
Then do something similar for water (flask upside down) and drunk (full flask?), cold, warm and wet (magic icons?) and an anvil for encumbrance.

We’ll see what I manage to code though :D
Nice ideas, yeah anything that gives us more visibility on what the mod is doing would be great.

I like the sound of there being no extra UI when everything is taken care of.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Working on the next update.

cook1.PNG
cook1.PNG (135.14 KiB) Viewed 2718 times

cook2.PNG
cook2.PNG (88.58 KiB) Viewed 2718 times

N_Molson

Post by N_Molson »

Very good and immersive stuff, thanks for your work !

Any project to make the inventory items graphics (icons, paperdoll) "compatible" (from a purely visual standpoint and in terms of resolution I mean) with DREAM ? Right now it looks a bit odd to have "low-res items", that's a pity because I love the concept of hauberks of various materials, that was lacking in the original game ! And it fits well characters like Redguards or Kajiits that in the lore don't really enjoy heavy armor (wearing a full platemail in the middle of Sahara must not be a lot of fun and might lead to a quick death ;) ).

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Version 1.6.0 released

Cooking is now live

* Added cooking mechanic and switched animals to dropping Raw Meat
* Added Skillet item for cooking
* Updated Water skin sprite
* Ration sacks now stack
* Temperature affects rotting speed
* Slaughterfish now drops meat
* Clicking beds to sleep now counts as camping
* Added possible future DREAM patch for tavern menu

Croatus_Latinus

Post by Croatus_Latinus »

This is what happens to me while using the new version of the mod combined with D.R.E.A.M. The innkeeper menus seem to be messed up.
Attachments
Wolfenstein 3D Screenshot 2022.05.25 - 22.24.35.93.png
Wolfenstein 3D Screenshot 2022.05.25 - 22.24.35.93.png (1.65 MiB) Viewed 2530 times

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Have you tried with the version I uploaded a few hours ago? Should fix this.

Croatus_Latinus

Yes. This new version seems to cause problems. I never had any problem with older versions. I see that you have changed the menus to fit with the DREAM - which is a great thing.
Could it be because I'm using the monitor with a 1360x768 resolution?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Croatus_Latinus wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 9:46 pm Yes. This new version seems to cause problems. I never had any problem with older versions. I see that you have changed the menus to fit with the DREAM - which is a great thing.
Could it be because I'm using the monitor with a 1360x768 resolution?
Yeah, I see it now. I did a layout blunder. I'll have a patch up in a few minutes.

Croatus_Latinus

Excellent. Thank you very much. BTW I love your mods.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ralzar, I did the 16 images for CaC and all the tabs. Is there anything else which needs upscaling to made Dream and any of your mods compatible? Thank you!
PS: 538_2-0 does not have a rotten counterpart, is that ok? Its strange