[MOD] Climates & Calories

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Climates & Calories

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, it still works, but the new version has got a bunch new features, plus code which specifically interacts with Hazelnuts Travel Options to stop travel if you get way too cold/warm etc.

Among the cooler new features, new tavern menu with new food and drink items:
tavernMenu.png
tavernMenu.png (277.13 KiB) Viewed 1128 times

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

v1.4.0 out now

Lots of tweaks and features I honestly can't remember anymore.

Requires DFU 0.10.26+

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Nice, congrats on the big new version release. Maybe the first post should no longer say "NOTE: This mod currently requires Tedious Travel to work." since AFAIK it doesn't anymore.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:55 am Nice, congrats on the big new version release. Maybe the first post should no longer say "NOTE: This mod currently requires Tedious Travel to work." since AFAIK it doesn't anymore.
Haha, good catch. I edited the Nexus description but forgot the OP.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:40 am Lots of tweaks and features I honestly can't remember anymore.
well, what are the most important new features? :) You mentioned already the food menu -- what does it do?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

You now get regional dishes and drinks. Quality of the tavern also dictates the menu.
So a northern tavern might offer you grilled hare, apple cobbler, or pork schnitzel. While a southern tavern might offer you cantaloupe bread, pork fried rice or jambalaya.

The "You are not hungry" message is removed. So you can always buy food and drinks. Some food is more filling than other, but if you buy too much food you'll get a popup that the leftovers go to waste.

You can buy drinks now, which will heal a bit of fatigue. But if you drink too much, you'll get drunk, reducing your stats and eventually leading to you either getting cut off by the barkeep or getting blackout drunk.

Also, eating and drinking now takes time. So if you try to stop at a tavern to drink 20 cups of tea to refresh yourself, you'll find the day might be over by the time you finish them.

You should not lose your tent as easily as before as I added some code to keep it where it should be, kinda. BadLuckBurt will hopefully take a look at how to do this properly at some point :D

Rest can now be interrupted, so if you try to go to sleep while it's too hot/cold or it gets too hot/cold during your sleep you are denied resting. The penalties for sleeping too cold/warm is also increased.

Finally, I've refined the advice text quite a bit and added a bunch of rules for vampires.

vampinfo.png
vampinfo.png (429.13 KiB) Viewed 1061 times
(I changed the "of food and drink" to "for food and drink")

Oh yeah also:

Animals now drop meat as loot.

If you start in a random dungeon instead of Privateers, I supply you with some much needed extra supplies to get through what might be a super rough start.

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Thanks for the feature list/explanation! This all very very great, thank you. Really a must-have mod.
Ralzar wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:37 pm So if you try to stop at a tavern to drink 20 cups of tea to refresh yourself, you'll find the day might be over by the time you finish them.
Awesome -- finally some alternative to pass some time when sleeping or loitering is not desired :D

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

haloterm wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:02 pm Thanks for the feature list/explanation! This all very very great, thank you. Really a must-have mod.
Ralzar wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 12:37 pm So if you try to stop at a tavern to drink 20 cups of tea to refresh yourself, you'll find the day might be over by the time you finish them.
Awesome -- finally some alternative to pass some time when sleeping or loitering is not desired :D
A word of warning:

My character decided to spend time drinking rum.

He suddenly woke up the next morning and all his gold was gone :D

(This penalty got mellowed out a bit, but you might still wake up with a lighter purse and no idea what happened.)

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 1:04 pm He suddenly woke up the next morning and all his gold was gone :D
very good :lol:

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Oh hey, another feature I did that I forgot about: When using Travel Options to travel overland, you will stop your travel when you get the "Your stomache grumbles" message that indicates you should eat something to get back the fatigue buff.

With Tedious Travel I had to stop periodically to check if I was hungry yet or not.