(Bug) Turning to Vampire during boat ride causes game over.

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Seferoth

(Bug) Turning to Vampire during boat ride causes game over.

Post by Seferoth »

So, if you have a Vampire disease(not turned yet) and you travel by boat that takes longer than 2 days when you arrive you get the animation of you dying, then you get the same animation again causing game over. Below is the save with a character having a vampire disease.
Attachments
SAVE4.zip
(209.63 KiB) Downloaded 55 times

Interkarma

Re: (Bug) Turning to Vampire during boat ride causes game over.

Post by Interkarma »

Thanks for save, I'll take a look when I can. :)

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

No prob, it's not a big deal, but something i encountered when i finally got infected and tried to travel to Lainlyn by boat.

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

I just loaded the save to test. I received the warning movie immediately, then initiated a long travel time >2 days. Character had the "false death" on arrival then awoke in a cemetery dungeon as expected. I didn't get the second "true death" you encountered.

I can't see any other diseases or poisons running, so not sure what might have killed your character for real at the end of this process. If you load that save again after restarting game, do you still experience the same problem?

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

Also, are you using any mods? Hard to say if any could cause it, but it's worth asking.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Hmm, only thing i can think of is that Tedious Travel causes something to conflict..