-

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Lokkrin Zhataros

-

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:07 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jeoshua

Re: Inconstant Reputations - do they hate me or not?! (A Bug)

Post by Jeoshua »

I noticed this too. I did plenty of "guard the guild" missions for the Mages Guild succesfully, got up to Journeyman, then was late returning one quest and BOOM they kicked me out.

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Well, I had a bug a while back:

Guard the magic item: if you do not show up it just spams the rep penalty forever.

Maybe its back?

Jeoshua

Post by Jeoshua »

Are you using the latest Alpha? Apparently there was something about reputation loss being able to "re-arm" once triggered that was addressed.

mikeprichard

Post by mikeprichard »

DFU, like classic, should also only expel you from a faction when your rep goes below 0, which can occur after quest failure - this has been discussed a few times, including very recently at viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3152&start=10#p36338. However, it sounds like the actual magnitude of the rep values being lost here due to quest failure and/or other factors may possibly be a problem - we'll see what the devs say.

Seferoth

Post by Seferoth »

Well i had a bug recently where all NPC's suddenly started to treat me like dirt for no reason, it was however fixed by simply loading a save.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I was thinking of this:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2864

Maybe it has resurfaced?

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:44 pm I was thinking of this:

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=2864

Maybe it has resurfaced?
This bug was resolved in 0.10.14, which only came out a few days ago. Any reputation loss incurred prior to this version will still be present in saves.

If this happened after upgrading to 0.10.14, then the cause will be something different. It would be most helpful to post a save when creating these topics.

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.