Splat Terrain Texturing

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Midknightprince

Re: Splat Terrain Texturing

Post by Midknightprince »

It's probably my Hardware that's why you guys don't see it it's an i5 2300 the potato version.. I always forget to mention that when I'm complaining about lag but it could be, and yes I've tried everything I don't have real-time Reflections at all.

Use those water pictures they look awesome you sink in the water it's supposed to look like that even in winter...

Just my two cents you know best.
Check out my YouTube Channel!

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Midknightprince wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:17 am It's probably my Hardware that's why you guys don't see it it's an i5 2300 the potato version.. I always forget to mention that when I'm complaining about lag but it could be, and yes I've tried everything I don't have real-time Reflections at all.

Use those water pictures they look awesome you sink in the water it's supposed to look like that even in winter...

Thanks for feedback!
In addition to Nystul's mod, another kind of reflections is enabled by default, but you probably already disabled them.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

TheLacus wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:07 pm
Midknightprince wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:17 am It's probably my Hardware that's why you guys don't see it it's an i5 2300 the potato version.. I always forget to mention that when I'm complaining about lag but it could be, and yes I've tried everything I don't have real-time Reflections at all.

Thanks for feedback!
In addition to Nystul's mod, another kind of reflections is enabled by default, but you probably already disabled them.
What default reflections?
I've got post-processing effects but yes that was turned off..
There is some kind of reflectiveness still going on with those textures you can see it when the sun's close to the ground so it's doing something, I got The Shining ground part turned on maybe that's it, when it rains and stuff?
Looks nice man, I don't even mind the bump I just figured maybe if you knew and somebody with a piece of crap set up like mine says there's a bump you would know something I guess..

You guys with your awesome PCs: I'm going to catch up to you dudes just you wait...
Check out my YouTube Channel!

daggerdude

Post by daggerdude »

sorry for the necro, but this seems to not load unfortunately. I haven't had issues with any other texture mod, but somehow i'm getting an error about shaders in player.log?

Direct3D:
Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1]
Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB (ID=0x1c02)
Vendor:
VRAM: 2988 MB
Driver: 30.0.14.9709
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
- Completed reload, in 0.144 seconds
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'Hidden/Nature/Terrain/Utilities' - All passes removed
WARNING: Shader Did you use #pragma only_renderers and omit this platform?
D3D11 device created for Microsoft Media Foundation video decoding.

idk.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I noticed others are having issues with mod shaders over in the wilderness overhaul thread since updating Unity versions.

TheLacus, any idea what the situation is with shaders and mods now?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

Hazelnut wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:14 pm I noticed others are having issues with mod shaders over in the wilderness overhaul thread since updating Unity versions.

TheLacus, any idea what the situation is with shaders and mods now?
This mod needs an update for 0.13 (i'm still working on it), but right now i don't know if there is an issue with shaders in general.

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

New version is available on Nexus, now also supports custom texture packs.

carademono

Post by carademono »

TheLacus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:52 pm New version is available on Nexus, now also supports custom texture packs.
Custom texture packs! How do I do it?

TheLacus

Post by TheLacus »

carademono wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 7:01 pm
TheLacus wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 5:52 pm New version is available on Nexus, now also supports custom texture packs.
Custom texture packs! How do I do it?
I wrote an article on Nexus about it; feel free to ask here or send me a pm if my instructions aren't clear enough.

NefariousTortoise

Post by NefariousTortoise »

Been waiting on an update for this for a while, any news?