0.10.19 - Statue with flames is a light source sort of?

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Ralzar

0.10.19 - Statue with flames is a light source sort of?

Post by Ralzar » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:39 am

So, the statue with flames got light, but this looks odd? It lights itself up a lot but nothing else?
firestatue.png
firestatue.png (277.88 KiB) Viewed 58 times
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

Ralzar

Re: 0.10.19 - Statue with flames is a light source sort of?

Post by Ralzar » Thu Feb 13, 2020 7:45 am

Ah, it displays correctly when I'm not using the Improved Interior Lighting mod. Any way to fix this? The mod generally make dungeons and houses much more atmospheric.
firestatue2.png
firestatue2.png (290.87 KiB) Viewed 55 times
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

pango

Re: 0.10.19 - Statue with flames is a light source sort of?

Post by pango » Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:58 am

Daggerfall does not always tie lights to light sources. Say, if you have 3 torches aligned not to far one from another, there's probably only one light source in the middle, as an optimisation.
So, my understanding is that Improved lighting scraps those light sources and creates new ones for each object that is supposed to be a light source, undoing above optimisation for the sake of lighting accuracy.
Problem is, some objects must not be identifier as light sources, so one light source is removed but not replaced.

In any case, that's something to see with ShortBeard...
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart