[MOD] Decorator - Update 0.1.6 (20 Dec 2022)

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
keenerb

Re: [MOD] Decorator - Update 0.1.5 (26 April 2020)

Post by keenerb »

I added a new test chest when I was at a location where my normal deco was missing.

When my normal deco is visible, the test chest is not, when my test chest is visible, the normal deco is not.
Some normal deco positions:

"localPosition": {
"x": 408.923,
"y": 37.64294,
"z": 395.7727

"x": 408.923,
"y": 37.64294,
"z": 395.7727

"x": 404.2271,
"y": 36.85476,
"z": 392.3911

The test item I added:

"x": 413.7613,
"y": -6.57496,
"z": 388.7061

keenerb

Post by keenerb »

Sorry to chain reply, but it looks like the ship itself is being created at different coordinates depending on the "climate".

Daggerfall ship inside spawn location for player:
"x": 408.7889,
"y": 44.21795,
"z": 393.6721

Blackford ship inside spawn location for player:
"x": 419.675,
"y": -10.05008,
"z": 391.175

The mod is using absolute rather than relative item x/y/z so that's the problem.

Perhaps the ship interiors themselves are what's broken?

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=5128&p=57337#p57337

Posted a seperate thread in case it's a DFU issue rather than Decorator issue.

keenerb

Post by keenerb »

As reported by interkarma:

"Daggerfall Unity uses a floating origin system. There is no fixed local coordinate system, everything is relative to last floating origin change.

The mod will need to use current world adjustment when accounting for floating origin. There are lots of examples of this being done in core game when placing/deserializing loot piles, for example."

SharkClub

Post by SharkClub »

Hope this guy comes back to fix the bugs with his awesome mod some day, hasn't been an update in over 2 years, a shame that it's starting to fall apart at the seams from bugs without any maintenance being given to it. At this point maybe someone should even consider taking over such an idea (I'm talentless at coding so I'm not the man for the job), there is a lot of potential in being able to clean up and decorate your homes and ship interiors in Daggerfall that is mostly going ignored aside from with this mod.

Kaedius

Post by Kaedius »

I've updated the mod to be compatible with 0.14.5.

Apologies for the lack of bug fixes, I have not been playing DF for some time and have other projects taking my time. I'm sort of amazed it managed to survive this long without support! But I will try to polish up this and airships as soon as I can!

I have some fixes for this mod to tackle any Y compensation problems, but I need to make sure there's a smooth transition from old versions and take into account those that have bugged item placement that then re-made their homes. For this I'd like to implement some debug options to help transfer everything properly to the newer system and see everything that is placed in some kind of menu.

I can't make any time commitments but it's definitely on my radar and not abandoned, please have some patience while I work it all out after some time away.

SharkClub

Re: [MOD] Decorator - Update 0.1.6 (20 Dec 2022)

Post by SharkClub »

Godspeed! I've been missing using your mod because of the bugs with it, I hope you find the time to fix it, glad to see you haven't abandoned such a great mod.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

It's already fixed :D

SharkClub

Post by SharkClub »

He said he didn't fix the problems with the furniture not being on the proper coordinates yet, just re-built the dfmod for the latest build.

Jay_H

Post by Jay_H »

My mistake for reading too fast :lol: Yep, you're right.

Elara_Gaerwing

Post by Elara_Gaerwing »

I would like to chime in and say that I really enjoy the Decorator mod. It allows tremendous creativity, and for me at least, it adds a whole new experience to Daggerfall Unity. A game within a game. It's quirky at the moment, but a few things have helped me to really get a lot out of it:

- Before placing any object, or attempting to adjust one you've already placed, position yourself at exactly the right spot you think might work best and save the game. If something gets messed up, quit and restart the game to the save point. This eliminates problems of accidentally grabbing the wrong object and clicking it out of frame. Just reload and try again. You may want to move slightly before the next attempt.

- Use the shift key! Like an idiot I didn't pay attention to the instructions provided and struggled quite a bit with LOW, MIDDLE (not sure what that does honestly) and HIGH positioning. That one's on me.

- Scale is hugely important. Can't get that book or candle to stop floating over the table or sit too far below the surface? A slight scale adjustment of either the book, candle, etc... or the table itself can quickly sort this out.

- As said by the mod's author, check things in crouch mode. Good advice.

It's mentioned here in the comments by the mod creator that Y positioning does seem to have an error over time. Yes, that does happen, but I found a funny thing. Sometimes Y position corrects itself. For example, I have a two story house that I absolutely filled with items using Decorator. Upon a later visit, about 50% of those items were now sunk partway into the floor. So I fixed those items the best I could. Upon a much later visit, everything was now back where it should be *except* the objects I had tried to fix, which were now floating in the air. If I had just left it alone, the house (and the mod) would have corrected itself eventually.

I do have one item on my wishlist for Decorator. Is it possible to display on-screen *which* object has been clicked on during edit mode? This would be a huge help.

Thanks for reading.
Alright. You have one minute of my time.