[Mod] Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
l3lessed

Re: [Mod] Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul

Post by l3lessed »

Magicon, do you mind if I just build the patchers for this mod right into my mod? Since this is only one cs file, it is easier for me to just copy it, import it into my namespace, and then patch and override the formula helper object. Just did this for ambidexterity, and it was quick; now the mod detects yours, loads your patched script and the object I need, and loads it instead of my formula without the user having to do anything extra.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

l3lessed wrote: Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:56 am Magicon, do you mind if I just build the patchers for this mod right into my mod? Since this is only one cs file, it is easier for me to just copy it, import it into my namespace, and then patch and override the formula helper object. Just did this for ambidexterity, and it was quick; now the mod detects yours, loads your patched script and the object I need, and loads it instead of my formula without the user having to do anything extra.
That's sounds fine to me, I honestly forget how to do the whole process for a while ago, so it would probably work better whatever way you are going to do.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Well, after going at it for a day, I remember why I couldn't put in an auto patcher. It has to do with the object permissions and how to access them from another mod. First off, you should make all your formula objects public objects so any modder can use your namespace to grab your formulas and load them once they patch your base script on their build. If you did this, I could create an easy auto patcher by creating my own formula object and then connecting it to your namespace and public objects, so I don't get the missing reference/object errors I get because of private permissions being used throughout your script.

Until then, I have to rebuild your mod, use my mods name space to access my public objects I need, and then patch your formula and rebuild your script. Not a huge issue.

Anyways, thanks for reading the rant. I sent you a message with a link for a patched version of your mod, all updated to 1.30 and DFU 0.10.27.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I did not particularly give those methods access restrictions for any good reason, mostly at the time thought that was proper practice or something, if I ever update this mod in a while i'll try and change those all to public. I'll also go through your patching process and see if you need me to do anything, hopefully it was simple enough even with the random access restrictions.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Really, once I took a good look at it, it isn't hard or time consuming. Once get your mod resetup in the editor, it really is only a five minute change and compile to create the patched version. So, not a huge deal for me to do.

It would just make it so you wouldn't have to depend on me to provide you the patch. I could load all the objects I needed from the base script file, and when compiled, my mod would be able to grab everything it needs from yours, and you wouldn't have to deal with me every time you update. Up to you really.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

l3lessed wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:09 pm Really, once I took a good look at it, it isn't hard or time consuming. Once get your mod resetup in the editor, it really is only a five minute change and compile to create the patched version. So, not a huge deal for me to do.

It would just make it so you wouldn't have to depend on me to provide you the patch. I could load all the objects I needed from the base script file, and when compiled, my mod would be able to grab everything it needs from yours, and you wouldn't have to deal with me every time you update. Up to you really.
Yeah I've been pretty lazy with my actual mods recently, mostly been working on my overhaul project as well as just screwing off playing another game outside of that which I had not played in like 5+ years or something. So even just thinking of launching Unity to update my released mods gets a groan comin' lol.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Just uploaded the updated compatibility patch for 13lessed's combat module mod, it is under the optional files section with the name, "SHIELD MODULE PATCH VERSION - Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul v1.30 - DFU v0.10.26 and Higher" Thank him for this one, I did nothing besides upload what he sent me, lol.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

There was a particle object spawner I left it the code. It is causing crashes. I sent the fix.

Sorry about that.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

l3lessed wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:51 pm There was a particle object spawner I left it the code. It is causing crashes. I sent the fix.

Sorry about that.
No problem, I uploaded the amended bundle you sent me, thanks.

reaven

Post by reaven »

Magicono43 wrote: Sun Oct 04, 2020 8:43 pm Released v1.30, Which adds the "Soft Material Requirements" module. This module allows any entity to be damaged by any weapon, despite the material it is made from. However, there is a heavy damage penalty for using less than the minimum required material, this penalty increases as the material values get further away from each other.
Hey Magicono43, first of all congrats for this mod.

I wanted to say that I've been trying it out and I just found a lich in the current dungeon that apparently cant be damaged with a lower tier weapon (dwarven.) I get the message that you cannot harm the enemy at every attack and you said with the mod it should only happen on actual hits, hence I think its not working.
I have disabled the first three options of the mod, which shouldn't affect this, and also I'm using meaner monsters, which is loaded just above this mod. I believe the armor formula works, since werewolves are doing less damage per hit than they used to do, but they hit more often, which makes sense for the changes the mods does. Using beta 0.11.1

Got any ideas? Thanks!