[MOD] Races Redone

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] Races Redone

Post by Ralzar »

It should still work fine yes. The combat bonuses are added live to the combat rolls while the mod is active so should work fine to add mid-play.

I agree a bit about the short blade thing. I think the original reasoning for doing it was just to give short blade some love.

ACNAero

Post by ACNAero »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:45 am I agree a bit about the short blade thing. I think the original reasoning for doing it was just to give short blade some love.
This. Argonians are best suited towards being assassins as per Oblivion lore, so I thought it was a good excuse to give Short Blades some love in the mod.

Daedros

Post by Daedros »

ACNAero wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 6:39 pm
Ralzar wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:45 am I agree a bit about the short blade thing. I think the original reasoning for doing it was just to give short blade some love.
This. Argonians are best suited towards being assassins as per Oblivion lore, so I thought it was a good excuse to give Short Blades some love in the mod.
Those were Shadowscales, Argonians born under the Sign of the Shadow, and have a close tie to Sithis. Argonians are actually a pretty malleable species, and can change rapidly (not just within a single generation, but within the same individual) according to what the Hist desire. Argonians ended up with some combat racials (Histskin) in Skyrim, due to the Hist mutating the Argonians to combat Mehrunes Dagon's daedric forces during the Oblivion Crisis (they were so damn effective, that they successfully ended up counter-invading the Deadlands and Mehrunes Dagon's lieutenants themselves were shutting down the portals to Blackmarsh).
There's a type of Argonian we haven't seen yet called "Shellbacks" that have a lot of combat mutations, and were the shock troops of that counter-invasion and the invasion of Morrowind. There's a type of Argonian in ESO called "Nagas" that are taller with a more snake-like appearance. Khajiit aren't the only race with different sub-species.
Not to mention the Argonian Behemoths in ESO. God, those things make Daedroths look puny in comparison. https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Argonian_Behemoth
https://en.uesp.net/wiki/File:ON-concept-Berserker.jpg

SharkClub

Post by SharkClub »

Advantages: Note that some races gain advantages like Athleticism. These are the class Advantages and will not be cumulative with taking a class that gives the same advantage.
Does anyone know if this applies to the "Missile Weapon ToHit & Damage: + Level / 3" type bonuses which are (for example) functionally the same as picking "Expertise in Missile Weapon" on a Wood Elf. Does that stack with the Wood Elf racial bonus in this mod or is it just piggybacking off of that premade effect and using it to apply that bonus without it showing as "Expertise in Missile Weapon" in the character's history panel?

I did also notice that some of these types of bonuses listed on some races in this mod are not "+ Level / 3" but also 2 or 4 as well, whereas picking Expertise in a weapon type as an Advantage will only ever give "+ Level / 3" according to UESP's page on it. So this would lead me to believe they are separate and stackable (the racial bonus Damage/ToHit and the pickable Expertise advantage) as they are using a (slightly) different formula and not just applying the preset advantage, but I have no idea how this mod works under the hood, it's also possible that one just overwrites the other.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

SharkClub wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 4:47 am
Advantages: Note that some races gain advantages like Athleticism. These are the class Advantages and will not be cumulative with taking a class that gives the same advantage.
Does anyone know if this applies to the "Missile Weapon ToHit & Damage: + Level / 3" type bonuses which are (for example) functionally the same as picking "Expertise in Missile Weapon" on a Wood Elf. Does that stack with the Wood Elf racial bonus in this mod or is it just piggybacking off of that premade effect and using it to apply that bonus without it showing as "Expertise in Missile Weapon" in the character's history panel?

I did also notice that some of these types of bonuses listed on some races in this mod are not "+ Level / 3" but also 2 or 4 as well, whereas picking Expertise in a weapon type as an Advantage will only ever give "+ Level / 3" according to UESP's page on it. So this would lead me to believe they are separate and stackable (the racial bonus Damage/ToHit and the pickable Expertise advantage) as they are using a (slightly) different formula and not just applying the preset advantage, but I have no idea how this mod works under the hood, it's also possible that one just overwrites the other.
The racial weapon bonuses are not the same as weapon specialization and will stack yes.

Generally, if there exists a class advantage/disadvantage with the exact same name as the one listed for the race, it is the same advantage and will not stack.

SharkClub

Post by SharkClub »

Great, thanks for the info. I'm a bit of a minmaxer so I like to know this sort of thing. :)