[MOD] Realistic Wagon

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Arioch

Re: [MOD] Realistic Wagon

Post by Arioch »

Ralzar wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 5:26 pm Ok, v0.3.3 out
Bugfix for saved wagons placed under ground

(turns out horses already had code for this but I hadn't applied it to wagons as well)

However, you need to do one more thing: in your savegame, find the file "mod_realistic wagon.txt" and remove the space in the name. So you rename it to "mod_realisticwagon.txt" or the new version of the mod will not detect your savegame data and assume you have no wagon.
I'm having a problem here - I've renamed the file, started the game with that save and I'm immediately asked to name my horse. Looking at the new mod_realisticwagon.txt it says the version is now 0.3.3 but WagonDeployed=False and all the wagon Rotation and Matrix info are zeroes.

I tried doing a copy/paste of info from my old save into the new one but that just gave me no cart or horse :D Could I manually position them with x/y/z co-ords?

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hm, I assumed that would be solved by renaming the file.

Ok, do this: make a new save: then just copy all text from the old file into the new one. Then load the new one. I managed to make that work.

If you can't get it to work I can just post a save for you here, but this should be doable.

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:14 am Hm, I assumed that would be solved by renaming the file.

Ok, do this: make a new save: then just copy all text from the old file into the new one. Then load the new one. I managed to make that work.

If you can't get it to work I can just post a save for you here, but this should be doable.
Haha, I’ve done that and I’ve not done something correctly because I’m now sat on my horse, but underground (I just have a black screen but can hear the horse whinnying) :D

Could you please post a save for me? Thanks 😊

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Here you go :)
SAVE5.zip
(266.59 KiB) Downloaded 130 times

Btw: Sorry, I think I got confused myself: the NEW version of the txt file is with a space. So, "mod_realisticwagon" is old and "mod_realistic wagon" is the one the mod will actually read. That might be why you couldn't make it work.

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Ralzar wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 6:42 am Here you go :)

SAVE5.zip

Btw: Sorry, I think I got confused myself: the NEW version of the txt file is with a space. So, "mod_realisticwagon" is old and "mod_realistic wagon" is the one the mod will actually read. That might be why you couldn't make it work.
(Arioch scrapes the sand and soil from his wagon)

Many thanks, it’s great to get my ride back :)

Your help is much appreciated!

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Hmmm, I think my wagon is playing silly again; I left it parked just inside the west gate of Sentinel and rode to a nearby costal town - when I got back it had disappeared.

I've placed my self on the spot where I left it and my player co-ords are "x": 101.2223, "y": 4.451187,"z": 566.5873. The wagon is showing "x": 101.4805, "y": -470.05, "z": 561.0189

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Arioch wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:58 am Hmmm, I think my wagon is playing silly again; I left it parked just inside the west gate of Sentinel and rode to a nearby costal town - when I got back it had disappeared.

I've placed my self on the spot where I left it and my player co-ords are "x": 101.2223, "y": 4.451187,"z": 566.5873. The wagon is showing "x": 101.4805, "y": -470.05, "z": 561.0189
Hah, that's under ground or way above you again.

Post a save, I'll see what I can figure out.

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:59 am
Arioch wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:58 am Hmmm, I think my wagon is playing silly again; I left it parked just inside the west gate of Sentinel and rode to a nearby costal town - when I got back it had disappeared.

Hah, that's under ground or way above you again.

Post a save, I'll see what I can figure out.
I've just started the game again and your repositioning code is definitely working because my wagon was back where I left it :)

Here's the problem save anyway:
Attachments
SAVE3.zip
(231.04 KiB) Downloaded 123 times

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Wait so it solved itself? I might just have to add another trigger for the wagon placement code.

What the code does is basically start at the wagon and then do a test straight down. If it finds nothing but space, it does a test straight up. Then it places the wagon when it hits something.
The usual result is that the wagon is already where it should be and it just hits the ground about a foot beneath the wagon. But the test is only done when you load a savegame and when you exit a building or dungeon. I might need to add a test for when you enter a new map pixel.

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 6:23 am Wait so it solved itself? I might just have to add another trigger for the wagon placement code.

What the code does is basically start at the wagon and then do a test straight down. If it finds nothing but space, it does a test straight up. Then it places the wagon when it hits something.
The usual result is that the wagon is already where it should be and it just hits the ground about a foot beneath the wagon. But the test is only done when you load a savegame and when you exit a building or dungeon. I might need to add a test for when you enter a new map pixel.
Ah okay, I’d not saved the game between parking the wagon and returning to it - I’d been into a shop in the neighbouring town but I suppose as Sentinel city wasn’t loaded at the time then the repositioning code wouldn’t have triggered?