Skill Leveling System Improved Mod

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
eain

Re: Skill Leveling System Improved Mod

Post by eain »

Any chance that "Skill Current XP Tracking" will be available as a .dfmod file? ;)

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

eain wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:41 pm Any chance that "Skill Current XP Tracking" will be available as a .dfmod file? ;)
Currently, I don't believe those parts of the code are open to be modded/read from for the information. I have not checked it out in a while though, so not 100% sure. I eventually plan to (if somebody does not do it before me of course), but atm not really as I'm working on some other mods that I have more code-base accessibility to currently.

Daedros

Post by Daedros »

Any updates on this becoming available? I'm particularly looking forward to the skilling process being made more sensical and less tedious/grindy, even real time gains. I say this as i stand in a doorway spamming jump as i also spam a low cost training spell simultaneously...sometimes i even run up hills spamming jump as i spam low cast training spells to train Running+Jumping+Magic at same time. What a grind.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Daedros wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:57 am Any updates on this becoming available? I'm particularly looking forward to the skilling process being made more sensical and less tedious/grindy, even real time gains. I say this as i stand in a doorway spamming jump as i also spam a low cost training spell simultaneously...sometimes i even run up hills spamming jump as i spam low cast training spells to train Running+Jumping+Magic at same time. What a grind.
Probably not until post 1.0 DFU I'd imagine, at least for the majority of the skills. I have found that some like medical I can probably change now due to where it tallies the skill xp being in an easily overridable method, but some of the others are in less easily accessible scripts for a mod to touch, without using hacky reflection which I don't really understand well and don't particularly want to touch due to that.

heathenlordlaz

Post by heathenlordlaz »

hi the mod looks awesome but since iam new to this i dont understand how i download it from github if you could help that would be great thank you

Daedros

Post by Daedros »

Magicono43 wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:16 pm
Daedros wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 6:57 am Any updates on this becoming available? I'm particularly looking forward to the skilling process being made more sensical and less tedious/grindy, even real time gains. I say this as i stand in a doorway spamming jump as i also spam a low cost training spell simultaneously...sometimes i even run up hills spamming jump as i spam low cast training spells to train Running+Jumping+Magic at same time. What a grind.
Probably not until post 1.0 DFU I'd imagine, at least for the majority of the skills. I have found that some like medical I can probably change now due to where it tallies the skill xp being in an easily overridable method, but some of the others are in less easily accessible scripts for a mod to touch, without using hacky reflection which I don't really understand well and don't particularly want to touch due to that.
Any updates on this? Particularly the "Skill Advancement Changes" and "WIP Live Skill Advancement" parts? Daggerfall Unity is on it's Release Candidate version, so just about 1.0 now.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Post v1.0, probably atleast a few weeks after that point maybe months depending on how the response is to a new "community modding" fork of DFU being made to specifically open up and rework systems to be more moddable. But nothing new atm from myself atleast related to this mod concept.

Daedros

Post by Daedros »

Daggerfall Unity 1.0 is here! I for one am chomping at the bit to play with your proposed Skill Leveling mod. Grinding skills in Daggerfall is such a pain in the ass (even when you know how to efficiently do it, and have macros set up for it), more so than any other TES game.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Daedros wrote: Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:14 am Daggerfall Unity 1.0 is here! I for one am chomping at the bit to play with your proposed Skill Leveling mod. Grinding skills in Daggerfall is such a pain in the ass (even when you know how to efficiently do it, and have macros set up for it), more so than any other TES game.
Yeah, I haven't really been in the modding mood the past 2 months or so. But hopefully we will see some progress on this eventually.