Mod idea: map on quest offer

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Ralzar

Mod idea: map on quest offer

Post by Ralzar »

Playing with Tedious Travel etc I have become a LOT more sensitive to how far away quest objectives are. I keep over and over taking quests then checking the map and seeing it's in a really awkward part of the map, loading and trying a new quest.
It would be REALLY handy if when a quest popped up, that you would get a small version of the region map pop up on the side showing the quest target location.
So when a you get a quest asking you if you want to take a package to Holham, you can see where the hell Holham is before agreeing to it? The quests are written in a way that assumes you know where the destination is, but you have no way of checking unless you open another session of Daggerfall to check the map.

Lokkrin Zhataros

-

Post by Lokkrin Zhataros »

-
Last edited by Lokkrin Zhataros on Wed May 26, 2021 3:30 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ralzar

Re: Mod idea: map on quest offer

Post by Ralzar »

Yeah, I was also thinking that. A little map button you could mouse over or click on to bring up the region map with the target location marked.

Kzer-Za

Re: Mod idea: map on quest offer

Post by Kzer-Za »

It would be even better if the random quest generator itself took into account the distance and strongly favored closer locations. So that the probability of the generated quest being concerned with location X dropped proportionately to the distance to X from the current location. It would also make sense from the rational point of view: people (i.e. potential questgivers) are generally more concerned with what is going on near them.