My DFU Setup

Discuss Daggerfall Unity and Daggerfall Tools for Unity.
Ralzar

Re: My DFU Setup

Post by Ralzar »

Jay_H wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 1:59 am
Mighty Foot (Makes the wilderness have terrain)
It would be cool if it did that, but I don't think that's Mighty Foot's purpose :D
The Mighty Foot is used to stomp the terrain into a more interesting shape.

Fixed :D
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

emmathepony

Post by emmathepony »

A nice mod list! What're your thoughts on Persistent Dungeons? Imo a must-have. :mrgreen:

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Honestly, I have never used it. I might in the future, but if so I will set it to remember dungeons for relatively short amounts of time.
My released mods

"I feel like Ralzar specifically wrote those mods for me and then said "Use them". Just so he could watch me die more."
-FuzzyBeanPlays

Shapur

Post by Shapur »

Archeologist
is called Archaeologists on nexus. :)
(It's very nitpicky, I know)
Link to my github here.
And here is my nexus profile.

KovuCougar

Post by KovuCougar »

A few fixes when searching Nexus. Some cause search to fail on Nexus if just copying and pasting.

Arenas Adventures = Arena's Adventures
Beyond Ashes: Bounty Hunters = Beyond Ashes - Bounty Hunters
Climates & Calories = Climates and Calories
Interesting Eroded Terrains = Interesting Eroded Terrain
Meaner PCO = It's on the Meaner Monsters download page.
Quest Pack 1 = Daggerfall Unity Quest Pack 1 (Not strictly required to find, just being thorough)
Roleplay&Realism = Roleplay and Realism
Roleplay&Realism: Items = Roleplay and Realism - Items
Skulduggery = Skulduggery - A Thief Overhaul (Not strictly required to find, just being thorough)
Unleveled Mobs = Unleveled Mobs and Quests (Not strictly required to find, just being thorough)
Unskilled Spells = Unleveled Spells
VillagerImmersionOverhaul = Villager Immersion Overhaul
WindmillsOfDaggerfall = Windmills Of Daggerfall

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Thank you. Updated the list now :)
My released mods

-FuzzyBeanPlays

AuntiePixel

Post by AuntiePixel »

Looks like a neat setup. Might give that a go sometime. Thanks for sharing.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I will leave OP as is at the moment, since the 0.13.x builds are intended for mod testing while 0.12.3 is what you should be using for just playing.

However, in anticipation of the next "stable" build (and for people who feel like being cutting edge ;)) I will make a second list here for the 0.13.3+ builds.

Mods

Archaeologists Adds a guild and makes language skills not useless.
Arena's Adventures Adds more quest.
Basic Roads Adds Roads and paths to travel on using the Travel Options mod. Note the additional file that adds paths in the snow.
Better Ambience Improves the sound experience and adds fog in dungeons.
Better Default Classes Makes the default classes much more useful.
Beyond Ashes - Bounty Hunters Adds Bounty Hunters to the game to track down and take down criminal players.
Climates and Calories Adds heat/cold effects as well as food items and starvation.
Convenient Quest Log Improves the quest log, so it is not just a jumbled list.
Detailed City Walls Makes city walls look much better and contain NPC and furniture.
Distant Terrain Increases view distance and improves the horizon.
Diverse Weapons Overhauls the appearance of weapons.
Drafty Secret Doors Secret doors makes a wind sound, making it possible to naturally detect them during exploring.
Enhanched Sky Switches out the pixel art sky with a more realistic sky that visually fits terrain mods.
Fixed Dungeon Exteriors Improves the appearance of dungeon entrances. Castles actually have castles, ruins are ruins etc.
fixed paperdoll skin Makes the skin tones of faces and bodies match for the player character.
Improved Interior Lighting Makes the houses and dungeons much more atmospheric.
Interesting Eroded Terrain Makes the wilderness terrain much better.
JayH's Random Little Quests Adds some random events.
Jobs of the Thieves Guild Adds more quests to the thieves guild.
Kab's Unleveled Spells Removes spells level scaling.
LevelUp Adjuster Can be used to change what happens when you level up.
Limited Gold Shops Gives shop a limit to how much they can buy.
Lousy Lycans Changes lycantrophy to be a curse with cool side effects.
Masked Road Textures Improves the look of the Basic Roads mod. The vanilla look is very industrial.
Meaner Monsters Buffs a lot of the monsters in the game and nerfs a few that are weirdly powerful. Note Meaner PCO additional file that should be used with Physical Combat And Armor Overhaul mod.
Mighty Foot Allows you to kick without unequipping items.
Paints and Dyes Adds bottles that let you change the colors of clothing. Note the extra file that lets more vanilla clothes be dyed.
Physical Combat and Armor Overhaul Changes and improves combat calculations to make more sense.
Quest Pack 1Adds lots and lots of new quests to the game, making it much less repetitive.
Quest Pack 2Adds lots and lots of new quests to the game, making it much less repetitive.
Quest Offer LocationsWhen offered quests, they say how far away the quests goal is..
Races Redone Adds a lot more effects to your race selection.
Readied Spellcasting HandsMakes you hold your hands up when you have a spell ready to cast.
Realistic Wagon Makes horse and wagon in the game act more realistic.
Reasonable Blood Visually changes enemies to not have blood effects if it makes no sense.
Repair Tools Shops sell items that can be used to repair partially damaged items yourself.
Rumors of the Iliac Bay Adds more rumor results to the NPC conversations.
Roleplay and Realism Lots and lots of tweaks and improvements to the game.
Roleplay and Realism - Items Lots and lots of tweaks and improvements to items and loot.
Skill Books Adds books to the game that takes an hour to read to train skills.
Skulduggery An overhaul for thief mechanics. Also adds thief items for sale at the thief guild.
Start Saver Makes a save after character creation. If using Ironman, you do not need this mod.
Taverns Redone Makes most taverns MUCH better looking.
theJF Quest Pack Adds more quests.
Travel Options For realistic traveling. This mod-set doesn't really work without it.
Torch Taker Allows you to take the torhces from dungeon walls.
Unleveled Loot Makes loot generation not level scale. Also makes shop quality count a lot for their stock.
Unleveled Mobs and Quests Changes the spawn tables to not care about your level.
Usable Starting Equipment Makes sure you start with equipment that your character can actually equip.
Villager Variety Gives villagers better faces and increases the variety of appearances.
Villain Variety Gives human enemies better faces and increases the variety of appearances.
Vampiric Options Gives some options and mechanics changes to improve the vampire experience.
Windmills Of Daggerfall Adds windmills. They're a nice addition.
World Tooltips Removes the need to click everything in Info Mode all the time.

Mod Settings
Leave all mod settings at default except:
LevelUp Adjuster: Activate "Retroactive HP". Attributes to 1-9. Set starting attributes to -10.
Races Redone: Set this to "Modern with halved attribute adjustments."
Better Ambiance: Set Dungeon Darkness to 0.2
Mighty Foot: Set it to to a valid key code. Personally I use "Backslash", but this depends on your keybindings.
Distant Terrain: Turn off "Enable Improved Terrain" so this works with the Interesting Eroded Terrain mod.

Honorable Mentions (Mods you might want to use)
Warm Ashes This one is a bit in flux at the moment. Keep an eye on its updates and use it at your own discretion.
Villager Immersion Overhaul Removed from Nexus until it is, if ever, fixed. Until then, use Villager Variety.
A New Main Quest BETA Currently in beta but fully playable.
Ironman Options For either a perma-death run, or setting the options so you play with checkpoints instead of free infinite saves.
World Of Daggerfall: Not officially out yet. But if you are on the Lysandus Tomb discord you can find it there under mod releases. Adds a bunch of more interesting stuff to the world.

Non-"Main Quest" Gameplay
After having played Daggerfall a while, the main quest and always starting in Privateers Hold might begin to feel stale. In that case, try out a combination of these mods:
Optional Main Quest Lets you remove the Main Quest.
Random Starting Dungeon Start in random dungeon. WARNING: very deadly with this modlist.
Immersion Roles Starts you off with a multi-part quest/backstory. For example, being an escaped slave or a bounty hunter looking for a killer. Note that there is also a "Random Immersion Roles" mod that can be used instead of deciding which role to install.
My released mods

-FuzzyBeanPlays