[Mod] Limited Gold Shops

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Regnier

Re: [Mod] Limited Gold Shops

Post by Regnier »

Magicono43 wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:45 pm
Regnier wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 6:32 pm I think im going to add this on my next playthrough, along with adding back non instant repairs.

I played some arena for a bit and that was something that made me explore the city, and gave purpose to it rather than a place to stop for a second.

If the notice board mod gets finished (or is it?) the gameplay loop would be dungeon-tavern/repair-take town quests-sell repaired loot-invest/restock.

Makes choosing a city way more purposeful.

This is a mod that will help make the cities feel real. Maybe something similar can be done with taverns?

also is there a way to mark which shops youve invested in?
I guess the closest thing would be some of the changes made by Climates & Calories involving the taverns, but outside that can't think of any at the moment. There is currently not any way to "track" in-game what shops you have invested it, but I guess you could use the notebook feature in-game and just type the name of the shop and the town it is located in. Also you could look at your save-file and see which shops are there permanently if you wanted to look at the mod save-data text file.

can we write on the map or is that not implemented yet?

and could we invest in taverns so youd have a permanent room at an inn somewhere or some sort of perk?
Maybe ideas like this would just evolve into a money and value overhaul mod

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

I think you can write notes on the town map? But I forget if that feature was never implemented or not, there might be some way though. I may eventually expand it some to work with taverns as well, but don't currently have any short-term plans as I'm kind of filling my "platter" quite full already with other stuff atm. But I will keep it noted of course :P

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released version 1.10 for DFU v0.13.5,
-Added Setting For Gold Amount Modifier When Shops Generate Gold
-Added (by default off) Setting That Makes Higher Quality Shops Not Buy Certain "Lower Value" Items, Higher The Quality, More Strict The Standards
-Added One Simple Mod Messaging Method

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Magicono43 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm -Added One Simple Mod Messaging Method
Where can we find out what this is, or is it a case of read the code?
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Hazelnut wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:54 pm
Magicono43 wrote: Tue May 17, 2022 10:25 pm -Added One Simple Mod Messaging Method
Where can we find out what this is, or is it a case of read the code?
Just a case of read the code for this one. Was considering adding another more useful thing but was having trouble and just added one simple one that should return an int value, but it's untested if that even works, so really did not see too much purpose in really giving the details, lol.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released version 1.11 for DFU v0.13.5,
-Hotfix For A Bug That Made All Shops Have The Selling "Template" For General Stores. Should Now Work Properly For All Store Types Again.

ukkuluku

Post by ukkuluku »

Hi Magicono43 and thanks for your mod. I'm a newby of the game and today I've found what is possibly a bug.

When 'Shop Standards' is selected, it's not possible to identify magic items in the Mages Guild. Don't know if it's just me but maybe you can give a check.

Bye and thanks again.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

ukkuluku wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 2:01 pm Hi Magicono43 and thanks for your mod. I'm a newby of the game and today I've found what is possibly a bug.

When 'Shop Standards' is selected, it's not possible to identify magic items in the Mages Guild. Don't know if it's just me but maybe you can give a check.

Bye and thanks again.
I'll try and give that a check whenever I get the chance, it could be an issue but not certain atm. Thanks for the report.