[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
King of Worms

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by King of Worms »

Not sure how to help u more with the troubleshooting, let me know if I can do anything.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

No problem. I found it I'm sure. It was a dumb oversight in when I was telling the mod to launch all the scripts and objects. It was loading them to early, crashing the scripts that render each hand.

I spent some extra time also going over the shield script and trying to do a little refactoring. I moved some continual StartCoroutine calls out and replaced them with proper ienumerator objects that are started and stopped. This should save a few threads by stopping the call to the StartCoroutine object and using the same assigned object to start and stop it. I also went through and double checked all animations and redid a little but of the animation looping code to make it hopefully little more sturdy and efficient.

It will drop in like 5 or 10 on git.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Just pushed it. I developed it in 15.0, so the code should be compatible with any changes up to there. I then tested this version on a stand alone 14.5, and it seems to be running smoothly in stand alone now. If you find issues with anything post 15.0, let me know.

Here are the small updates in this one below:
  • I fixed the small oversight about mod script load times/orders that was causing the mod to crash on launch.
  • Went through and redid the shield code and tried to refactor by removing repeat StartCoroutine calls and move to using ienumerator task objects that are then called to start and stop. This should free up a few threads, since the object is assigned on script load and then merely triggered to either run or not based on conditions, instead of continually calling the StartCoroutine and wasting threads of loading a new ienumerator every frame via StartCoroutine().
  • Fixed a small oversight where using a shield with classic directional drag attacks would cause the players view to lock down when blocking with a shield. Now it clearly knows the difference between shield blocks and offhand attacks, so shield use will not lock your view when using traditional mouse drag attack setting.
I think got everything major hammered out this time. I did find one small balance issue I need to fix. You can start an attack, and then start a shield block, and both will perform allowing you to attack while being protected by the shield; kind of unrealistic and unbalanced. Be a quick easy fix though.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Ok now the mod is running, but when I swing a weapon, I hear the "whoosh" sound but the weapon moves just a little bit, not even playing the attack animation, just the hand holding the weapon moves a bit and I can see the direction arrow near the middle of the screen crosshair :)

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

What version are you using? I'll update my base code to the newest build release and see if I can replicate this issue. I did delete out all the mod folders in my stand alone 14.5 and did a fresh reinstall of the mod, and it seemed to work.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Okay, I'm at a loss here. I downloaded stand alone 15.2 beta, took the compiled mod from the github, extracted it, loaded a save, and it isn't having an issue for me.

Are there other mods running? It should be dream and physical combat and armor overhaul compatible out of the box.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Okay, checked it again with DREAM and Physical Combat & Armor Overhaul mods going in the editor built with 15.2, and it ran all fine.

I did find an issue with the parry/spark system with the physical combat & armor overhaul mod, but nothing that affects the animation or attack system. It just doesn't trigger a parry.

Any other mods you have installed that may affect the first person weapon sprites or renders?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

All other mods are off, only yours is ON.
Anyway, I will try this laters on a fresh install, dont worry about it

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Hmm, thanks for testing. Can anyone else try to replicate and confirm this is not his specific build/system?

Make sure all textures and loose files are installed in the correct directory. Are you using a mac? I know the default mac install folder structure is off because I don't user macs.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Windows, and installed as it should be. Maybe when more ppl test it, you will get the feedback.
You should release it on Nexus as a beta and let the feedback roll in.

But I think my DFU instalation is ok, I installed 0.14.5 fresh, than slapped 0.15.2 over it, it COULD be a problem, but usually its not. I will not make 0.15.2 fresh install now, but that MIGHT be solving it.

Sry Im not of much help, but other 60 mods I use run fine, so I think my instalation is not THAT bad.
Currently Im focused on finishing the DREAM, so I just quick tested your mod and got this result, laters I will do fresh install and try again.

PS: tested your mod with no other mods running as well, same result