[MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
l3lessed

Re: [MOD]Ambidexterity Module (Shield Module Branch)

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks for letting me know. It is probably the version. I am testing on 11.4.

I also didn't do a ton of testing on the new autopatcher code, so possibly this. Can you post the log you are referencing? Helps if I can see the error in the log.

I'll try to fix this for you in next day or so.
My Daggerfall Mod Github: l3lessed DFU Mod Github

My Beth Mods: l3lessed Nexus Page

Daggerfall Unity mods: Combat Overhaul Mod

Enjoy the free work I'm doing? Consider lending your support.

Klutzy13

Post by Klutzy13 »

No worries! I managed to get the shield itself to show up again after resetting the mods settings, although it still doesnt seem to work quite correctly. The log Im checking for errors specifically is Player.log, found in AppData\LocalLow\Daggerfall Workshop\Daggerfall Unity . It seems the errors im getting now start around line 5336, although I dont really understand what they mean, sorry!
Attachments
Playerlog.zip
Just conatins the player.log from my appdata folder.
(47.49 KiB) Downloaded 81 times

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Thanks. Out enjoying a Sunday with wife and friends, but I'll get to this this week.

If the shield raises and lowers but you have no blocking happening, that is a formula issue and I think is probably version issue. They may have updated the formula I'm overriding.

Klutzy13

Post by Klutzy13 »

Take as long as you need, haha! The shield itself doesnt raise at all. The sound effect plays, the main weapon lowers, but the shield doesnt raise and I dont think it blocks anything? Ive noticed a few other things while testing it out as well. I seem to keep spawing with a "daedric spellbreaker", and my attack speed seems to change very rapidly, sometimes double the swing speed, other times slower then before. Im wondering if maybe Ive done something wrong with installation but I cant figure it out.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Found the issue. Was stupid development oversight. I was messing with reimplementing my custom spellbreaker shield to get ready for official release with 1.0 drop of DFU, and forgot to disable the script before rebuilding. This is also the thing causing the shield to spawn with you.

As for the swing speed, does it correlate with anything? Probably should fix the script issue though before we assume this is its own bug.

Anyways, I'll push the fix tonight at some point. Seems to run on my end in 12.0 without an issue once I disable the script I was working on.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Alright pushed the fixes. Tested on 12.0.

Fixed some code oversights I left in from development test. Build should work. No more random daedric shield and broken renders/shield.

Also, I fixed the animation bug with lowering shields and attacking to quickly. It will stop the raising/lowering weapon animation and start the weapon attack animation to fix conflicts causing the animation spasm bug.

This is 12.0 only, so use 12.0 beta.
Last edited by l3lessed on Mon Aug 09, 2021 6:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

oops, the auto patcher for Physical Combat & Armor overhaul is broken. I will fix this. I screwed up in understanding how the namespace would be accessed through a mod package file. I'll need to compile the mods script file into this.

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Tested on 12.0 Beta release with newest physical Combat mod, and patcher is working again.

For other modders interested, I ended up having to put the Physical Combat script into my mod and reference that when creating my custom formula override. You cannot access namespace through the mod interface alone. You need to copy the Physical Combat script file into your mod and then reference the objects and properties through the Physical Combat Script you added into your mod.

With this mod, I copied the PhysicalCombatAndArmorOverhaul.cs script file and ensured all script properties and objects were public, dropped it into AmbideterityModule Namespace, renamed the script class to PhysicalCombatPatcher, and then referenced it in my custom attack formula like so:

Code: Select all

if (PhysicalCombatArmorPatch.critStrikeModuleCheck) // Applies the 'Critical Strikes Increase Damage' module if it is enabled in the settings.
            {
            }
The nice thing about this approach, even though it requires copying the conflicting mods script into your mod and resetting up its namespace and script class name, is once compiled into your mod, any updates are easy. Merely copy the newest conflicting mod script class code over to your version and recompile your mod. This is better than having to recompile the conflicting mod for the mod author and send it to them every time they update their mod. Also, this ensures, even when the conflicting mod is updated, it won't crash your mod because your mod is still loading the older compatible script file you compiled into your mod. I'm sure users would rather have an old compatible version loaded than a crashed non-working version.

Klutzy13

Post by Klutzy13 »

Sorry for the delay, I wanted to say that it looks like it worked completely fine! Even fixed the attack speed issues I seemed to have, thank you so much!

l3lessed

Post by l3lessed »

Glad to hear it. Please keep testing. I need to smash as many issues as I can with 1.0 DFU drop coming up.