Dwemer ruins assets

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
onasis101

Dwemer ruins assets

Post by onasis101 »

I created some vanilla style Morrowind inspired Dwemer assets, should someone want to use them.

The file contains several exterior models, namely three towers, two slightly different entrances, some pipes, cuboid buildings, and an observatory dome, as well as several interior tiles for hallways, rectangular rooms, stairwells, and the aforementioned observatory.

The textures aren't great, the models most likely still require some work so that they could be integrated into the game, but I wanted to share them anyway.

Quick location mock-ups made in blender:
DwemerExteriorTest.jpg
DwemerExteriorTest.jpg (359.96 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
DwemerInteriorTest.jpg
DwemerInteriorTest.jpg (392.52 KiB) Viewed 3218 times
Updated room centre tile, I accidentaly made it rectangular before, so it didn't mesh well with the other room tiles.
DwemerAssets.zip
(281.95 KiB) Downloaded 148 times
Last edited by onasis101 on Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Magicono43

Re: Dwemer ruins assets

Post by Magicono43 »

Nice, I especially like the roof details and the spike looking fixtures.

onasis101

Post by onasis101 »

I also made a few furniture and machinery models:
  • bed frame
  • desk
  • table
  • chair
  • door (separate left and right wing)
  • arc/tungsten lamp
  • flywheel/dynamo
  • steam turbine with alternator
Mock-up interior:
DwemerFurnitureTest.jpg
DwemerFurnitureTest.jpg (152.04 KiB) Viewed 3190 times
DwemerSmallAssets.zip
(184.12 KiB) Downloaded 142 times

HydroHastile

Post by HydroHastile »

This made me think how much better a game Daggerfall would be if dungeons and locations had actually unique themes like this.

Catlover666

Post by Catlover666 »

These are great, perfectly Daggerfallesque design!

One big overhaul I would really like to see is a "Dungeon entrance model overhaul" to make the exteriors more in line with the interiors. Basically (in most cases) larger and more detailed buildings, ruins and geographical stuff. I have always found it very unimmersive and plain silly that 99% of these huge, well maintained complexes would look like a heap of gravel on the outside, with a little door stuck to it. Even worse when the spaghetti-dungeon clearly extends above the entrance (= ground level) on the inside...

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Catlover666 wrote: Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:48 pm These are great, perfectly Daggerfallesque design!

One big overhaul I would really like to see is a "Dungeon entrance model overhaul" to make the exteriors more in line with the interiors. Basically (in most cases) larger and more detailed buildings, ruins and geographical stuff. I have always found it very unimmersive and plain silly that 99% of these huge, well maintained complexes would look like a heap of gravel on the outside, with a little door stuck to it. Even worse when the spaghetti-dungeon clearly extends above the entrance (= ground level) on the inside...
I know that Kamer (the guy who made Warm Ashes and Dangerous Exteriors) is currently working on making these sorts of "detailed exterior" for the main-quest dungeons.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

This is incredible. I can already hear the machines and a bandit shouting "never should come here!"

Great work. This could honestly go really well as part of a small standalone questline.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Aleryn

Post by Aleryn »

Oh now that's a nice sight - Morrowind style art and designs added to Daggerfall. I'm surprised how well you've made it look completely natural and like it was there all along.

onasis101

Post by onasis101 »

Just a little something extra...
deployed_0001.png
deployed_0001.png (30.25 KiB) Viewed 2927 times
dwemersphere.7z
(1.9 MiB) Downloaded 144 times

Legoless

Post by Legoless »

Registered just to come and say how incredible these look. Nice work!