Gold and Letters of Credit in shops

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
jimfcarroll

Gold and Letters of Credit in shops

Post by jimfcarroll »

I was in a shop with a Letter of Credit in my inventory but all of my gold in my wagon. When I purchased something it simply lowered the number on my Letter of Credit rather than telling me I had no gold. If I recall correctly, and I may not, this isn't what it used to do. I thought you needed actual gold in your inventory (perhaps, unless the amount was more than the letter of credit was made out for). Is this correct?

I'm running 0.10.24 now.

pango

Re: Gold and Letters of Credit in shops

Post by pango »

As far as I remember, the only case when letters of credits are not accepted is taverns, they absolutely insist on being paid in plain gold.
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Alexander12

Post by Alexander12 »

jimfcarroll wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:48 pm I was in a shop with a Letter of Credit in my inventory but all of my gold in my wagon. When I purchased something it simply lowered the number on my Letter of Credit rather than telling me I had no gold. If I recall correctly, and I may not, this isn't what it used to do. I thought you needed actual gold in your inventory (perhaps, unless the amount was more than the letter of credit was made out for). Is this correct?
I'm running 0.10.24 now.
Hi there! It's possible that the behavior you're describing with the Letter of Credit is different than what you remember from earlier versions of the game. However, I believe that when you have a Letter of Credit in your inventory, it should allow you to make purchases up to the amount specified on the letter, even if you don't have actual gold in your inventory. So, if the number on your Letter of Credit was high enough to cover the cost of the purchase, it makes sense that it would deduct from that amount instead of telling you that you have no gold. I hope this helps!

Luasca

Post by Luasca »

Alexander12 wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 12:16 pm Hi there! It's possible that the behavior you're describing with the Letter of Credit is different than what you remember from earlier versions of the game. However, I believe that when you have a Letter of Credit in your inventory, it should allow you to make purchases up to the amount specified on the letter, even if you don't have actual gold in your inventory. So, if the number on your Letter of Credit was high enough to cover the cost of the purchase, it makes sense that it would deduct from that amount instead of telling you that you have no gold. I hope this helps!download gb whatsapp
Thanks @Alexander12 for the details. i was confused with it as the previous versions weren't allowing me when i had no gold.