[MOD] Travel Options

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Arneb

Re: [MOD] Travel Options

Post by Arneb »

Hey Hazelnut, sorry to bother you, I would need a clarification: a mod I'm developing saves quite often the MapID while outdoor, through the method

Code: Select all

GameManager.Instance.PlayerGPS.CurrentMapID
I noticed that, while traveling at accelerated speed, I get quite often "-1" as a result, that is handed out by said method when unable to get the correct MapID. I was wondering, could it be because of how fast traveling is handled? And if so, would you know a workaround for it? Thanks in advance.

pango

Post by pango »

Only "locations" (towns, dungeons, etc.) have a mapID.
From comment above currentMapID:

Code: Select all

/// <summary>
        /// Gets current location MapID.
        /// Returns -1 when HasCurrentLocation=false
        /// </summary>
Or are you experiencing a MapID of -1 on a location?
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Oh dear, could it be that I got it all wrong?

What about the wilderness map pixel ID? Is that a totally different thing from the MapID? And what is the relation between a location MapID and the map pixel ID where that location is?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Orbarth wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:54 pm EDIT : i found the source of the problem :
You don't get the classic travel when selecting "cautiously" if you try to travel to a wilderness location, you only get the cautious "classic" travel if you travel to a defined location (dungeon, town, etc...).
So i guess it becomes a suggestion : allow cautious "classic" travel if you just want to travel to a wilderness place .
There is no classic fast travel to anywhere but a location. I would have to implement that in the mod to support fast travel to wilderness locations. I do wish I could figure out how to prevent falling into the void issues, but while I did get a couple of leads (I think there's actually 2+ causes) I could never really get anywhere with them because it happens so rarely for me on my system. If I could reliably reproduce it I would have fixed it (or at least be able to explain why I couldn't)

Sorry about the poor experience, my only advice is to slow acceleration down until the issue becomes infrequent enough it's livable with. I have noticed that it happens more when a system is over stretched, and TBH since I upgraded from R5 1600 to R5 5600 I've seen it so rarely myself even at max acceleration.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Hazelnut wrote: Mon Dec 19, 2022 10:47 am
Orbarth wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 6:54 pm EDIT : i found the source of the problem :
You don't get the classic travel when selecting "cautiously" if you try to travel to a wilderness location, you only get the cautious "classic" travel if you travel to a defined location (dungeon, town, etc...).
So i guess it becomes a suggestion : allow cautious "classic" travel if you just want to travel to a wilderness place .
There is no classic fast travel to anywhere but a location. I would have to implement that in the mod to support fast travel to wilderness locations. I do wish I could figure out how to prevent falling into the void issues, but while I did get a couple of leads (I think there's actually 2+ causes) I could never really get anywhere with them because it happens so rarely for me on my system. If I could reliably reproduce it I would have fixed it (or at least be able to explain why I couldn't)

Sorry about the poor experience, my only advice is to slow acceleration down until the issue becomes infrequent enough it's livable with. I have noticed that it happens more when a system is over stretched, and TBH since I upgraded from R5 1600 to R5 5600 I've seen it so rarely myself even at max acceleration.
Yup, it only starts happening a lot if your PC can not handle the loading at the speed you are going. What that speed is, depends a lot on what other mods your run. Once you start getting into stuff that is continuously adding or editing overworld stuff, you are pretty much guaranteed to keep running into the problem unless your machine is a bit of a beast, and even then all you have to keep increasing the speed and it is bound to happen.

I recently bought a new gaming rig and I notice a huge difference in what it takes to have this bug crop up often. Used to be, if I tried going over 10x it would happen too often for the game to be enjoyable. With my new rig I can easily go 30x.

Hegel

Post by Hegel »

the locations are all fucked up on the world map for the desert regions when I have travel options/roads enabled, and even after these two mods are disabled Sentinel is still fucked up (That's not shown in the below picture, the below picture is the result of using travel options/roads for my experience.)

pango

Post by pango »

Do you use Visitable Crypts? Or other mods?
viewtopic.php?p=55347#p55347
-- Charles Goodhart

Hegel

Post by Hegel »

pango wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:42 am Do you use Visitable Crypts? Or other mods?
viewtopic.php?p=55347#p55347

Yes, I use the visitable crypts mod actually. Is there a way anyone could patch it to where it doesn't conflict?

pango

Post by pango »

Author said (s)he was working on it, no news since then.
But Interkarma described the way to fix the issue in a message just above the one I linked, by manually editing a JSON file.
-- Charles Goodhart

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I've had reports on Nexus of Travel Options road following not working for players with 0.14.5 but I can't find any issues when I've investigated.

Anyone else experienced issues with the 0.14.5 DFU release who could help with reproducing it? Except from it not working I have nothing to go on.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods