[MOD] Travel Options

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Hazelnut

Re: [MOD] Travel Options

Post by Hazelnut »

esran wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:19 pm Is there any way in this mod to travel in a direction without a destination? Like if I just want to go north with time acceleration.
This will be in the next release, you can turn on the option in settings to allow travel to any destination not just locations. Code is all ready and tested, waiting for a change to be released in next build of DFU.

Regarding being able to look around while travelling. It would be difficult to do, but cool nevertheless. At present I don't have much time/energy for DFU stuff, but I will consider looking into it more once I do.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Regnier

Post by Regnier »

Bard wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 12:56 am This is only tangentially related to this mod, but how reasonable would it be to make the minimap overlay that appears when encountering a crossroads be on while in towns to indicate buildings?

As a separate mod I love the simple design of the overlay.
i like that little map too, would be cool to use it like in diablo 2, running with it on

for now there's this
https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfallunity/mods/233

Sordid

Post by Sordid »

Hazelnut wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:07 pm I've been working on the issue of falling through terrain and into the void recently and I think I might have a way of automatically dialling back the time acceleration before it occurs to avoid it happening. If anyone has this happening regularly and would be prepared to test a build and report back if it works on your system, please download the attached mod version and see how it goes. You should find that the acceleration is automatically reduced when it detects that the game is struggling to keep up with the speed of travel.

This worked nicely when running in the editor for me, but I have a fast PC so running a build it was never skipping detection of entering new terrains even at 100x so I really could use some testing with lower spec PCs. Hopefully it is working with a build but I have zero evidence. :)

Note that there are two ways you can fall though the terrain (I think) and this only mitigates one of them. If it's triggering you should see the time accel drop by 5 each time without you touching the controls. WHat I need is a report of whether a. this happens and b. does it seem to reduce the amount of falling incidents at high speeds?
I realize I'm late to the party here, and forgive my ignorance, but can't you just periodically check whether the player is above the terrain and teleport them back up if they fall through? Just as a quick and dirty stopgap until the issue can be resolved properly.

Also, is it safe to downgrade from the latest version of your mod to the testing version you posted? I don't want to mess something up.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

I have no idea, sorry - that test build was a long time ago. I do remember that it didn't help much if at all when I tried it.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Sordid

Post by Sordid »

Hm, well, that's unfortunate. If you're working on a new version, I have a small suggestion: How about allowing vampires to travel during the day? That restriction never made sense to me given that you can just manually walk/ride in a direction, doubly so now that your mod accelerates manual travel.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

New release of Travel Options v1.6 for DFU 0.13.5 with these additions:
  • Added support for rivers and streams from BasicRoads
  • Added persistent junction map option
  • Added travel to any map pixel option
  • Added location marking using middle mouse button
  • Improved handling of port restrictions and matched new ports from WoD mod
  • Added a readme file documenting all the mod settings
  • Enable replacement graphics from Dream mod etc
Please do look through both pages of settings. I know there are a lot, but you can tailor this mod to your liking.

Get it from https://www.nexusmods.com/daggerfalluni ... ?tab=files

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hazelnut, would you be up to uploading a DREAM patch for this mod? I can send you the graphics. It would be cool to have it uploaded at the Travel Options nexus, we did it like this with other mods as well. If its something you dont want, its no problem and I will maybe pack it inside the DREAM HUD at the next release, if that happens...

Or maybe pack it inside your mod and have a tick in the settings for DREAM? That might be even better?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Sure I can consider that. Can you point me to an example? I had thought that Dream would have the graphics to override my mod rather than have a separate patch file but happy to look at other options.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

v1.7.1 has been released on Nexus:
  • Add in-game help popup using H when on travel map or accelerated travel UI
  • Add known location info popup using I
  • Added custom follow path key binding
  • Boundary checking for junction map so it works at the edges of Illiac Bay

Orbarth

Post by Orbarth »

I don't know if there have been a solution, but i still regularly get inside the void during a travel, sometime it does not happen and sometime it does, making it very hard to understand why it is happening.

And once i am in the void i can't do anything other than reloading a previous save, because of the 2nd problem that prevent me to just use the classic daggerfall travel :
Even if i disable "player controlled cautious travel" so at least i could just switch to Cautious to get the game teleporting me at destination as in classic type of travel :

Ingame i still am forced with the player controlled travel :

I'm using the latest version of Travel Options with the latest 1.4.4 Daggerfall Unity, though i have no idea if another mods (as i use several) could be responsible.

EDIT : i found the source of the problem :
You don't get the classic travel when selecting "cautiously" if you try to travel to a wilderness location, you only get the cautious "classic" travel if you travel to a defined location (dungeon, town, etc...).
So i guess it becomes a suggestion : allow cautious "classic" travel if you just want to travel to a wilderness place .