[MOD] Travel Options

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
darkmodewizard

Re: [MOD] Travel Options

Post by darkmodewizard »

I have been pulling my hair out trying to get Travel Options working in Tandem with Basic Roads since I updated to 14.5 the other day. Tried unloading mods, swapping load order, disabling most mods, changing parameters, etc. and I cannot get either to work at all. Please let me know what I can do to help or fix.

Mod list here -> [https://i.imgur.com/qEM2OF1.png]

For clarification, Travel Options is not working at all.

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Well, by looking at your modlist I'd say a few of those could cause issues, even if I can't say if your problem with TO can depend on that.

Anyway, for starters I would exclude Riding Enemies (I had problem with that in the past, and you can conveniently substitute it with the Enemy Expansion that already includes riding enemies and much more) and Torch Taker (obsolete mod, download and use Darker Dungeons that it's its updated version from the same author).

After that, a few other mods have caused issues to some, but nothing to others, so maybe just try to temporarily disable them if the other two don't solve the problem: these are Distant Terrain and Mountains and Hills; as an alternative you could try Interesting Eroded Terrain, but other players have experienced issue with the latter and not with the former, so maybe experiment with those three a bit.

darkmodewizard

Post by darkmodewizard »

Thanks for the suggestions, I replaced the obsolete mods and tried disabling the mods you mentioned that may cause issues, but nothing seemed to help. Also, I think it may be pertinent to mention that I had a lot of these mods installed in DFU 13.5 not too long ago, and BasicRoads + Travel Options both worked nearly perfectly then.

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

It's quite normal for some mods to start having issue after a major version update (0.13 -> 0.14).

Not saying it's fun, but when a mod I can't play without anymore stops working, I follow this method:

1) Disable every mod but the one you want to work and see if it works this way;
2) if it does, exit and re-enable a few mods at a time (try to remember what you enabled each time), I do 5, but this is obviously arbitrary - then load your game and see if the mod stopped working;
3) if it did, it was the fault of one of the last mod you enabled, so now you can disable one of those at a time to pinpoint the culprit.

darkmodewizard

Post by darkmodewizard »

Okay I got it working now but I'm not sure what fixed it. I had reinstalled BasicRoads and TravelOptions yesterday but thought, oh well, may as well try again, and reinstalled again today. I also rearranged my mod-load so that all DREAM mods were last but BasicRoads and Travel Options loaded right before them. I also reset parameters/presets in all mods with setting i.e. RealGrass. I then unloaded everything, reloaded and now it's working properly! Thank you all for the help, I feel like a right idiot :lol: