Visitable Crypts

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Yagiza

Visitable Crypts

Post by Yagiza »

=====================================================================
Visitable Crypts

0.4.0 for DaggerFall Unity 0.10.12 (or newer)
=====================================================================

Description
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Since version 0.10.12 completely working World Data Overrides feature is implemented in Daggerfall Unity.
This encouraged me to make this mod.
In the original Daggerfall, the crypts in the town cemeteries are decorative and impossible to enter.
This mod makes those crypts visitable: you may enter them to fight monsters and look for treasures.

Download
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
VisitableCrypts-v0.4.0.zip
(268.4 KiB) Downloaded 712 times

Installation
Extract StreamingAssets\WorldData subdirectory to owerwrite existing StreamingAssets\WorldData subdirectory in DaggerfallUnity_Data directory.

Affected locations
In version 0.4.0 all the towns of Daggerfall, Sentinel and Wayrest provinces with cemeteries, which contain crypts (besides Wayrest) are affected. Other provinces are unaffected by this version of the mod. More locations will be added in further releases.

Known issues
There are some towns with cemeteries, which contain 2 crypts. Those towns are:
Daggerfall:
  • Aldingwich
  • Crossmarket
  • Longbury
  • Oxville
  • Whiteborne
Sentinel:
  • Akhoaisa
  • Sedojer
Wayrest:
  • Cathlech
  • Chargate
  • Cromwick Hamlet
  • Eastbrone
  • Knightsbrugh
  • Penwood
  • Tamgate
  • Warmore
The problem is that each location in Daggerfall may contain not more than 1 dungeon. So, only one of those crypts is visitable. Another one is left decorative.

For the same reason, the only crypt in Wayrest is also decorative, because the town already have a dungeon (the Castle).

Related mods
  • Persistent Dungeons
    It is recommended to use those mods together. Otherwise, you'll be able to get easily stuff by grabbing treasures and loot from the crypt and selling it in the nearest shop.
Changelog
    • All the town cemeteries with crypts in Wayrest (besides the capital) are visitable now.
    • All the town cemeteries with crypts in Sentinel are visitable now.
    • Make one of two crypts in Crossmarket and Longbury non-visitable.
    • Restore original map of cemeteries of Aldingwich, Oxville and Whiteborne, making one of crypts visitable.
    • Initial release
Last edited by Yagiza on Tue Sep 15, 2020 3:27 am, edited 4 times in total.

Aleryn

Re: Visitable Crypts

Post by Aleryn »

As a new player of vanilla a long time ago, I was surprised I couldn't enter these crypts that resembled their wilderness cousins. I just figured guard patrols made it a bad idea. Thank you for making such a niche curiosity work.

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Nice to see the world data system being put to good use. Great stuff Yagiza! :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Yagiza

Post by Yagiza »

Aleryn wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:39 amThank you for making such a niche curiosity work.
Hazelnut wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:48 amNice to see the world data system being put to good use. Great stuff Yagiza! :)
Thank you for your reaction!
If you like the idea, I'll go on with developing of this mod.

harbinger451

Post by harbinger451 »

This is a great idea for a mod and it should definately be expanded to other regions.

Regarding the two crypts in one town problem, I think # 1. Make only one of 2 crypts visitable, leaving the second one decorative ... maybe bring up a message box when you click on the unvisitable crypt that says something like, "This Crypt has collapsed and the entrance is blocked."

It might be good to expand some of the bigger city crypts , having them lead on into other underground features like sewers, lost/old cellars and ancient ruins - plenty of scope for smuggler's dens, vampire hideouts, deadra cults and other such delights. (Sorry, if my imagination is getting carried away with someone else's work load.)

Question: the palaces in the main quest cities are dungeons rather than just interiors like shops, houses and most other palaces ... does that mean those cities can't have visitable crypts because they already have a dungeon?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

harbinger451 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:45 pm Question: the palaces in the main quest cities are dungeons rather than just interiors like shops, houses and most other palaces ... does that mean those cities can't have visitable crypts because they already have a dungeon?
yes
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Baler

Post by Baler »

This is a mod I've wanted for a long time. I've always felt like, why cant I farm this crypt in town?!

On one hand, it's a crypt, no one goes down there, maybe there are monsters.
On the other hand, it's in the middle of town why are there mobs.

But for real, Thank You.

Yagiza

Post by Yagiza »

harbinger451 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:45 pm This is a great idea for a mod and it should definately be expanded to other regions.

Regarding the two crypts in one town problem, I think # 1. Make only one of 2 crypts visitable, leaving the second one decorative ...
Ok. So, that's the way I'll do it.
maybe bring up a message box when you click on the unvisitable crypt that says something like, "This Crypt has collapsed and the entrance is blocked."
I don't think it's possible right now.
Question: the palaces in the main quest cities are dungeons rather than just interiors like shops, houses and most other palaces ... does that mean those cities can't have visitable crypts because they already have a dungeon?
Yes. But fortunately, I only know three towns with a dungeon (Daggerfall, Sentinel and Wayrest), and only one of them (Wayrest) has a cemetery with a crypt. So I think this is the only crypt in the game that will remain decorative.

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

OMG, I don't believe it..
You know how long I've wanted this (don't ask))? :D
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Yagiza

Post by Yagiza »

Version 0.2.0 released!

Fixed all the towns with cemeteries which contain two crypts, as you suggested: now both crypts are present, but only one of them is visitable.