WIP: Basic Roads

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
Hazelnut

Re: WIP: Basic Roads

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks, appreciate your understanding.

One thing I started to do last night was travel in game to each of the cities (large bright - with walls) and set up the outgoing roads that line up best with the gates and then see how they can then connect across to each other. Sometimes it doesn't work out and I just change it to make the path make sense.

Wish I'd done that from the start. :)
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Hi, I've taken a look in game and merged all regions except for: Koegria, Tigonus, Abibon-Gora, Alikir.

If you could re-do those please.

Have updated the dfmod with all the merged paths (edited by me) in test4 package.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

DolorousJohn

Post by DolorousJohn »

Sounds good, I'll finish up what I've got going now, and continue using the new one. I'll have all the redos for you to look at over the weekend as I finish em.

DolorousJohn

Post by DolorousJohn »

Spent so much time in Hammerfell, I feel like the HoonDing.

The desert is hard, as I wanted to keep the road count as low as I could, but there's so many big cities that i could only keep it so empty, without leaving out somewhere, but i feel like the roads functioning as what you want them to be, an actual replacement to Todd Howard's favorite game mechanic and a real immersive travel method, it makes no sense to leave cities not connected for realism's sake.

Plus, to compare the Illiac bay an Tamriel to the real world doesn't really work. There are mages who could and would have most certainly been involved in construction efforts, and shit like that. So really there's even a kinda lore reason why the roads are so dense in a place like the sweltering desert, or deep in the rain forest, for the real nerds like me to excuse it lol.

Hopefully one day we'll get a better map to go along with mods like this. the vanilla one kinda blows. A live map, I mean like one where you hold a key, and the map shows up like mock in your characters hand kinda thing would work well i think. Having to leave gameplay even without the roads, just navigating a big city can get really annoying. i don't know unity or c# so idk how possible that is. I saw some guy was working on a minimap but he disappeared it seems.
Attachments
More_Roads_3.rar
(Redo)Alik'r, Abibon, Koegria (New)Kambria
(1.1 MiB) Downloaded 118 times

DolorousJohn

Post by DolorousJohn »

Attachments
More_Roads_4.rar
(Daenia, Phrygias, Tigonus(Redo), Ykalon
(1.72 MiB) Downloaded 121 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks John, just so you know, it might take me a while to review all these.

DolorousJohn

Post by DolorousJohn »

Good I need a God damn break.

It would be nice if you could build a dfmod once you put in what you accept, so i can see them in game as I'm editing, it helps a lot!

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Take a break. I will update the dfmod when I've been through all your pathing. Just finished up Wrothgarian Mountains myself so my eyes need resting now. :D

Deepfighter

Post by Deepfighter »

You are doing amazing things. Thanks DolorousJohn and Hazelnut for your tremendous work on this. :)
Head of the German Daggerfall translation - www.daggerfalldeutsch.de
and German translator for The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Lore-Expert for The Elder Scrolls: Online

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

This is some serious work you doing here guys, respect