WIP: Basic Roads

Show off your mod creations or just a work in progress.
DolorousJohn

Re: WIP: Basic Roads

Post by DolorousJohn »

Before I go on, look at this and let me know if I'm on the right track. (pun DEFINITELY intended)
Attachments
Roads.rar
Kairou, Pathago + 2 screenshots for each in 1080p
(491.58 KiB) Downloaded 126 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

They look fine. Wow they're really small regions! Never been to either of them. :D

How are you finding the editor?

Are these complete? Only one minor change I'll do to the Kairou which is to remove a square 90 degree S bend you did.
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

DolorousJohn

Post by DolorousJohn »

Easy to use, simple, I've only just got into the unity editor thanks to this project and i have 0 issue using it so I'd say anyone could pick it up as long as they can figure out unity.

I'd call them complete if you like em, and yes I expected you to fix anything you didn't like. Good news you like em too, because I've got all day to do this, any place you want to reserve for yourself other than Wrothgaria?

Also i assume you'll actually connect the regions yourself?

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Yep that was the plan, that I would stitch regions together. Nice that you have plenty of time, means you can go in game and check how the paths work with the locations etc. Maybe try a larger region now? :D
See my mod code for examples of how to change various aspects of DFU: https://github.com/ajrb/dfunity-mods

DolorousJohn

Post by DolorousJohn »

Aye aye Captain I had my eye on The Alik'r Desert :mrgreen:

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Sure, just don't change any of the existing roads in there else it will be too hard to merge without a lot of manual work. ta

If you have to in any cases then please keep it as small as you can and provide an cropped image showing the actual road area and nothing else since I will need to go and delete the correct (old) path manually.

DolorousJohn

Post by DolorousJohn »

Okay, Here's some more, with no changes to your road.
Attachments
More_Roads.rar
Alik'r Desert, Abibon-Gora, Bergama
(1.09 MiB) Downloaded 112 times

DolorousJohn

Post by DolorousJohn »

Another few, done and double checked.
Attachments
More_Roads_2.rar
Antiphyllos, Betony, Bhoriane, Dak'Fron, Koegria, Santaki, Tigonus.
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 114 times

Hazelnut

Post by Hazelnut »

Thanks John.

I've taken a quick look at the images and I'm not that keen on Abibon-Gora, sorry. Would you mind taking another crack at that one please, or just another pass over what you've done. (just put the relevant data files back in world data)

Bergama and Alik'r seem weird - I need to look in game, but the tracks seem to dead end a lot instead of being routes for travelling. Roads are minimal which is good as this is the desert. :) Will let you know once I've taken a closer look.

For the newer regions I like them all except Koegria but let me take a look in game before redoing it as the png is zoomed out and it's hard to see.

DolorousJohn

Post by DolorousJohn »

Sure, I'll do over Abibon-Gora completely as I've learned a lot how they look best doing more and more.

Some of the dead ends were left in with the assumption you'd connect them in a way that made more sense then I could, seeing as I'm only editing one region at a time. Don't hesitate to reject any, I'll do em over with pleasure. you wont scare me away that easily.

if there's one thing I have a bunch of right now, it's time, for better or worse lol.