Save Disappeared

Post here if you need help getting started with Daggerfall Unity or just want to clarify a potential bug. Questions about playing or modding classic Daggerfall should be posted to Community.
Waviest

Save Disappeared

Post by Waviest »

Hey guys,

I'm having an issue where my Save Game isn't showing up on my available Loads that I can boot up when I launch the game. I've looked into the matter briefly and found someone else who had the error prior to me, it appears that my "SaveInfo.txt" is completely empty when I go into my Save folder.

I will attach my save in a zip file, maybe Interkarma will see this and help me out?

Best Regards,

Waviest
Attachments
SAVE1.rar
(265.13 KiB) Downloaded 64 times

pango

Re: Save Disappeared

Post by pango »

Hi Waviest,

Well, there's enough redundancy between that file and the others that it's possible to guess what it contained (except the exact name of the saved game, but it's not a big deal to make up one), so here's my best guess.

Saving could probably be hardened a bit, even if issues are rare. Some hardening could have a slight performance impact too.
It will always be a good idea to keep several saves in Daggerfall, and it can also be a good idea to make backups.
Attachments
SaveInfo.txt.zip
(314 Bytes) Downloaded 54 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

Interkarma

Post by Interkarma »

Hey, welcome to the forums. :)

Something has interrupted the save process. Fortunately only SaveInfo.txt appears to be affected. Copy-paste the following into SaveInfo.txt and save it again, and you should be able to load your save. I was able to load your save after doing this.

Code: Select all

{
    "saveVersion": 1,
    "saveName": "Recovered Save",
    "characterName": "Emmett",
    "dateAndTime": {
        "gameTime": 12598182731,
        "realTime": 637324884119133716,
        "$version": "v1"
    },
    "dfuVersion": "0.10.24",
    "$version": "v1"
}
Also, based on your screenshot with the old-style stretchy SDF text, this save appears to be from a very old version of Daggerfall Unity. :)

stretchy-font.png
stretchy-font.png (60.66 KiB) Viewed 626 times

If you haven't already, please upgrade to 0.10.24 before resuming play. DFU has over a year of bug fixes and other refinements since the last version of the game with that stretched font.

https://www.dfworkshop.net/projects/dag ... ve-builds/

Waviest

Post by Waviest »

Awesome, I appreciate it guys. Thank you so much!!