[Mod] Random Starting Dungeon

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
ukkuluku

Re: [Mod] Random Starting Dungeon

Post by ukkuluku »

Hello, I'm new to the game and first thing I did is installing your mod... great job.

In any case I have a problem I cannot solve with the random starting date: every time my character dies at the start of the game. Is it a conflict with climates and calories? I've tried to solve the problem but didn't succeed. Any tips?

Thanks a lot for the mod

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

ukkuluku wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:00 pm Hello, I'm new to the game and first thing I did is installing your mod... great job.

In any case I have a problem I cannot solve with the random starting date: every time my character dies at the start of the game. Is it a conflict with climates and calories? I've tried to solve the problem but didn't succeed. Any tips?

Thanks a lot for the mod
Yeah, it's a conflict with C&C, the time passes and C&C's systems kill you basically. My recommendation is to disable C&C, make your character and make your first save after you started, then you can feel free to re-enable C&C without dying from the accelerated time.

ukkuluku

Post by ukkuluku »

Thank you for the suggestion. It sadly deprives me of the campfire, which is an important tool to have, but I'll see what I can do.

Great job again.

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

ukkuluku wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 9:00 pm Hello, I'm new to the game and first thing I did is installing your mod... great job.

Thanks a lot for the mod
This was solved in the last update a did a few weeks ago. Are you using the newest versions of the mods?

ukkuluku

Post by ukkuluku »

Ralzar wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:26 pm

Thanks a lot for the mod
This was solved in the last update a did a few weeks ago. Are you using the newest versions of the mods?
Thank you for the info. I am still using DFU 0.13.5, because I discovered it in September, but started playing it only now. I saw your new release but I feared downloading the 0.14.5 would mess up all the mods I already have (and there's a lot :D ), but I guess now I have to change my plans and upgrading everything.

Your mod is quintessencial too, btw. Thanks a lot

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

For some reason, for my last 3 characters (in the last few weeks) the random starting location was always the same dungeon in Kozanset. What could be the reason?

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

haloterm wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:58 pm For some reason, for my last 3 characters (in the last few weeks) the random starting location was always the same dungeon in Kozanset. What could be the reason?
I know that a long time back Jehuty said he was having a similar issue, but he uses LINUX as his operating system. Do you happen to be using any OS other than some variant of Windows? Could possibly try relaunching the game entirely and then giving it another go?

haloterm

Post by haloterm »

Magicono43 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:00 pm
haloterm wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 3:58 pm For some reason, for my last 3 characters (in the last few weeks) the random starting location was always the same dungeon in Kozanset. What could be the reason?
I know that a long time back Jehuty said he was having a similar issue, but he uses LINUX as his operating system. Do you happen to be using any OS other than some variant of Windows? Could possibly try relaunching the game entirely and then giving it another go?
Hey,

these has been between different (real) days between the characters, so the game was fully relaunched.

Yes, I noticed this on my Linux laptop (don't know if it also is the same on my Windows PC).

Good news: I have reset the mod options to default and started another game, this time I got a new location. (I had increased the safe area from 30 to 50; could that maybe a reason?)

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

haloterm wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:22 pm
Magicono43 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 4:00 pm
Hey,

these has been between different (real) days between the characters, so the game was fully relaunched.

Yes, I noticed this on my Linux laptop (don't know if it also is the same on my Windows PC).

Good news: I have reset the mod options to default and started another game, this time I got a new location. (I had increased the safe area from 30 to 50; could that maybe a reason?)
The altered "safe zone" setting I doubt had anything to do with it (but who knows), since it only effects the dungeon after it has already been "selected." For me it's a difficult thing to try and fix due to the challenge of troubleshooting something that is mostly intermittent when it occurs. Hopefully I might be able to do something about it next I update the mod, but hard to know when I don't really know why it happens besides potentially weirdness with RNG, or weirdness with my own methods of selecting the dungeon from an array and such.

Good you were able to find a way to "persuade" it to stop giving the same result, and hopefully if something similar occurs you can do that method again, that or try using the console commands provided by the mod to try and roll the random dungeon again.

Magicono43

Post by Magicono43 »

Released Mod Update, v1.12:

Mostly general code clean-up, added previously forgotten climate setting, settings can now be changed while in-game, etc
-General code clean-up and reorganization and removal of unnecessary files, over 500 lines removed.
-Added setting that was missing in previous versions, that being the "Subtropical" climate type.
-Mod settings can now be changed while in-game.
-NOTE: Due to the settings changed, you may have to redo your settings if you had them changed from the default values in previous mod versions.