[MOD] World Tooltips

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
Ralzar

Re: [MOD] World Tooltips

Post by Ralzar »

I just started using this and something that struck me:

This is just a step or two away form a mod that removes the "modes" from the game.

This mod does away with 90% of Info Modes function. The only thing left is using Info Mode on building walls to mark them on the map.

Then you have Dialogue Mode. It has no use right? Any NPC can be click on in Grab Mode to talk to them,

So it's down to Steal Mode. If it was possible to switch in and out of Steal Mode by pressing/releasing the Stelath key, that would split it out from the normal modes.

What you'd wind up with, is a context-dependent interaction system.
Just food for thought if you want to do further work on this mod ;)

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Baler wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 7:50 am Only odd thing i've noticed, is the fighters guild door said residence until you info the building.
There was once a bug with Handpainted models that just got fixed with the latest "Fighter’s guild is now clickable in info mode."

This may be a stretch but are these tooltips intractable at all?
Looting without having enter a menu would be a real feat.
https://i.imgur.com/3B1oGkK.png
Ooh, that's weird. Do you have a save file pointing directly at that Fighter's Guild for me to look at?

And I totally forgot about that Fallout 4 style. Maybe one day I'll see about doing that but it would be a lot of work hehe.
NikitaTheTanner wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:49 am but right now I'm thoroughly enjoying it :D
Glad you like it! :)
Ralzar wrote: Mon Oct 26, 2020 8:52 am So it's down to Steal Mode. If it was possible to switch in and out of Steal Mode by pressing/releasing the Stelath key, that would split it out from the normal modes.

What you'd wind up with, is a context-dependent interaction system.
Just food for thought if you want to do further work on this mod ;)
Yes!! Someone else brought this up on nexus page. Because of the mod title and the possibility that someone may not want tooltips, I'm gonna make another mod at some point in the near future that will allow you to do "Steal Mode" interactions while crouching or sneaking (probably will be a mod setting to decide which).
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

Something you could add to this mod, if possible: if you click a building wall, it does the Info mode function no matter what interaction mode you're in.

NikitaTheTanner

Post by NikitaTheTanner »

Definitely a good idea! Modes are a bit outdated, and switching between them is a pain at times.

I would prefer having multiple options in dialog if there are multiple options available, like in later TES games. For example, in Oblivion, if you're a vampire and click on a sleeping NPC - you're given an option to select between talking and feeding.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

These are all good ideas, I think I'll compile them under an interaction overhaul mod. Thank you!
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Midknightprince

Post by Midknightprince »

Interactions should be tied to scroll wheel, not F keys.
Everything else is just gravy..
Check out my YouTube Channel!

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

A small QOL addition to this mod you could do: If you look at a Palace, manually add the opening times. Palaces are open from 11:00 to... 16:00? But nothing ingame tells you this at the moment.

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

Ralzar wrote: Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:43 pm A small QOL addition to this mod you could do: If you look at a Palace, manually add the opening times. Palaces are open from 11:00 to... 16:00? But nothing ingame tells you this at the moment.
Oh, does it not show on Palace when it is closed? That would be a missed feature then. Thanks for letting me know.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub

Ralzar

Post by Ralzar »

I thought that was vanilla behaviour, but now you made me wonder if it's just a missing detail in DFU :D

jefetienne

Post by jefetienne »

But they do indeed close at 16:00 in DFU, right?

In this case it might just be that I only check for shops and display hours available.
El jefe, Etienne
Nexus Mods | GitHub