[MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
XJDHDR

Re: [MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

Post by XJDHDR »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 pm Hi :)

These cemetery buildings have quite messed up mapping
Okay, where is this building?

King of Worms wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:13 pm Wayrest - woodborne hall
the back of the building has this issue
I'll add it to the list.

nicksta1310 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:48 am Thank you for all your hard work on these fixes.
And thank you.

nicksta1310 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:48 am There are some buildings that are labelled as gem stores on the map, but they don't have any shop shelves and the person inside does not behave like a shopkeeper. Here's a list of the locations that I've discovered so far:
Vintage Jewelry in Baelmoth, Daggerfall;
First Class Precious Stones in Graywick, Wrothgarian Mountains;
Doctor Rodistair's Jewelry in Burgwall, Daggerfall;
Vintage Jewelers in Longcart, Wrothgarian Mountains;
Gondastyr's Bijoutry in Cathcroft, Wrothgarian Mountains;
The Essential Jewels in Reycester, Wrothgarian Mountains.
It looks like this is a house that was mislabelled as a store. I'll have to remove the store info. Thanks.

nicksta1310 wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:48 am I'm also wondering if it's within the scope of your mod to fix the building names for the Akatosh Chantry. All of their temples are incorrectly labelled as Order of the Hour. I found an old post on this forum indicating that it's caused by an incorrect faction ID.
viewtopic.php?p=37934#p37934
I'll see what I can do.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

That building is at many cemeteries and has many variants, I will do some list and get back to you

EDIT: one is at Isle of Balfiera - The Ashston Crypts

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

I found something else.

A clothing store (Tristard's Quality Fashion in Tuntower, Daggerfall) has a shopkeeper who appears to be a child, especially when looking at the portrait in conversation.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

nicksta1310 wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 9:25 am I found something else.

A clothing store (Tristard's Quality Fashion in Tuntower, Daggerfall) has a shopkeeper who appears to be a child, especially when looking at the portrait in conversation.
What u mean by "especially" - does the NPC look normal and has a bad portrait? If so, than please make a report here, thank you.
viewtopic.php?t=5940

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

King of Worms wrote: Mon Nov 28, 2022 2:25 pm What u mean by "especially" - does the NPC look normal and has a bad portrait? If so, than please make a report here, thank you.
viewtopic.php?t=5940
I'm referring to this (apologies for the low lighting on the left)...
flat-portrait-boy.jpg
flat-portrait-boy.jpg (41.06 KiB) Viewed 1266 times
The flat is from Vanilla Enhanced with Animated People (which changes the eyes to make them blink), so I'm not sure if it's a bad portrait. If there's another portrait that's more fitting, then it's within the scope of a different topic, like KoW suggested.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Yes, I had a same feeling about this NPC and portrait in my game setup. It seems off to me. The NPC deffo is not a kid.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

nicksta1310 wrote: Wed Nov 30, 2022 8:10 am I'm referring to this (apologies for the low lighting on the left)...

The flat is from Vanilla Enhanced with Animated People (which changes the eyes to make them blink), so I'm not sure if it's a bad portrait. If there's another portrait that's more fitting, then it's within the scope of a different topic, like KoW suggested.
I think "especially" was a bad word choice, since the talk window portrait is the only part of this NPC that looks childlike. Otherwise, it is as KoW said: Bad portrait images are outside the scope of this mod, so I would argue that reporting it in the thread he linked to is the correct course of action.

pango wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 7:21 am
Baptor wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 3:59 am It's just a random dungeon in the Daggerfall province. Some random quest I was on for the Knights of the Dragon. Rescue the princess I believe it was.
If that's correct it's a Vampire Haunt in Daggerfall region, we're down to 21 dungeons:
  • Castle Necromoghan
  • The House of Baron Garulaus
  • The House of Vladingus
  • Castle Corroghar
  • Garenor Hall
  • The Tower of Hawkhart
  • Castle Vladimyth
  • The Hold of Yeomston
  • Ruins of Old Chrystyrrya's Farm
  • Castle Wooding
  • The House of Stadingan
  • Copperton Tower
  • Ruins of Gaersmith Orchard
  • Castle Vladivon
  • The Hold of Gaerham
  • The Hold of Hawkcroft
  • Castle Kingsley
  • Ruins of Ashwing Manor
  • Yeomcroft's Guard
  • The Haunt of Lithoghan
  • The Haunt of Magnoghan
Does any of those names ring a bell?
Otherwise, I can enter 21 dungeons, it's not out of reach ;)
pango wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:40 pm From the look of the doorframe it could be Castle Corroghar or Ruins of Gaersmith Orchard; I didn't manage to reproduce the issue yet though, the brickwall/teleporter surface stayed nicely behind the entrance surface.
I just thought of something. Did you look at any of those dungeons with the "Smaller Dungeons" setting enabled? I recently received a similar report on Discord where the dungeon only had this problem with that setting enabled.

pango

Post by pango »

Bingo!
It happens in Castle Vladimyth with SmallerDungeons = True
Screenshot.jpg
Screenshot.jpg (190.02 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
Also, it doesn't require DREAM mod; The bug just look different because of different textures:
2022_12_12_22_51_54.jpg
2022_12_12_22_51_54.jpg (139.42 KiB) Viewed 1128 times
Attachments
SAVE60.zip
(251.19 KiB) Downloaded 110 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

nicksta1310

Post by nicksta1310 »

XJDHDR wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 7:24 pm I think "especially" was a bad word choice, since the talk window portrait is the only part of this NPC that looks childlike. Otherwise, it is as KoW said: Bad portrait images are outside the scope of this mod, so I would argue that reporting it in the thread he linked to is the correct course of action.
I apologise for my mistake. I reported the issue in the other thread.

There's another issue that I hope is within the scope of your mod. The Benevolence of Mara temple interiors have the wrong statue representing the Mother Goddess: the statue is of a male figure; and it's the same statue that represents Julianos.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Hey XJ :)

I came across one thing I need to ask about. To put is in the simple form, has the "unofficial block location and model fix" module of your mod changed something about the Desert Mages Guild building?

When I enable this mod, the scripted dynamic background in my paperdoll mod changes from Mages Guild specific image to a image I use for other general guild halls.

So I think you maybe changed some attributes of that building for some reason?

Thank you

EDIT:
it happens specifically in the Alik desert, city Alik Ra mages guild
When I go to Sentinel guild, the bug does not happen
:?