[MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
XJDHDR

Re: [MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

Post by XJDHDR »

13thsyndicate wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:19 pm
Are you sure you or whoever was playing had my mod installed correctly? I fixed that bug in version 2021.01.09.
Fixed tavern.png
Hm, last I checked I could swear I'm fully updated, but maybe I don't have the newest version, I'll check a little later.
I would say that another possibility is that you had already visited that tavern before installing my mod, but I don't think this would affect the automap image.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

13thsyndicate wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 11:19 pm Hm, last I checked I could swear I'm fully updated, but maybe I don't have the newest version, I'll check a little later.
I forgot that a mod conflict can also cause this problem. If another mod has it's own building or block override for this block (TVRNAM00.RMB, specifically), that would also undo the fix my mod implemented. In this case, the other mod's author should merge my changes into their mod.

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Could Taverns Redone cause it? That particular tavern is redone by it. If so, I guess it's not getting fixed anytime soon, since I don't thin the author has been seen in a while.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

13thsyndicate wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 10:34 pm Could Taverns Redone cause it? That particular tavern is redone by it. If so, I guess it's not getting fixed anytime soon, since I don't thin the author has been seen in a while.
Sounds like this would be the problem, though I haven't used TR so I can't say for certain.

Vaximillian

Post by Vaximillian »

I’m not sure if it’s within the scope of this mod to fix/correct but there are two inns with the same name “Queen’s Hedgehog” in Wayrest City:

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Got a weird dungeon door overlapping with a brick wall texture, reported by Vaximillian on the Discord in "The Haunt of Vladulon" in Sentinel.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Vaximillian wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:17 am I’m not sure if it’s within the scope of this mod to fix/correct but there are two inns with the same name “Queen’s Hedgehog” in Wayrest City:
Thanks, this is within scope. I just need to give one of the taverns a new name seed.
13thsyndicate wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 8:39 pm Got a weird dungeon door overlapping with a brick wall texture, reported by Vaximillian on the Discord in "The Haunt of Vladulon" in Sentinel.
Thanks for the report. Looks like block N0000005, which I have fixed other issues in previously, has the exit and a brick wall placed in exactly the same place. Just need to move the exit forward slightly.

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Got some texture gaps inside Castle Kingsley, Daggerfall

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

A new report from the Lysandus' Tomb discord, this shop has an interior that's misaligned with its exterior. The user ("thenameisthegame") shows both the inside and the outside with noclip toggled:

This effect doesn't happen without Transparent Windows loaded, as exterior buildings aren't loaded while inside, but with the mod active it makes the shop somewhat unusable. I don't know if that's within the scope of this mod but it might be good to fix it anyway just in case it causes issues with future mods.

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Hello again 13thsyndicate, with another round of reports.
13thsyndicate wrote: Mon Jun 13, 2022 8:05 pm Got some texture gaps inside Castle Kingsley, Daggerfall
Looks like I missed model 67016 while closing gaps in the staircase the first time around. Added to my to-do list.

In future though, please can you provide either a save game or instructions on how to navigate the dungeon. I spent half an hour wandering around to try and find this staircase.
13thsyndicate wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:27 am A new report from the Lysandus' Tomb discord, this shop has an interior that's misaligned with its exterior. The user ("thenameisthegame") shows both the inside and the outside with noclip toggled:

This effect doesn't happen without Transparent Windows loaded, as exterior buildings aren't loaded while inside, but with the mod active it makes the shop somewhat unusable. I don't know if that's within the scope of this mod but it might be good to fix it anyway just in case it causes issues with future mods.
Normally, problems caused by mods should be fixed by the mod in question. I will fix this one, though, because this appears to be a problem with the original block data that manifests only when Transparent Windows is installed. This situation seems similar to the fix I implemented for New Canon Locations.

Edit: I've added ARMRAM00.RMB to my to-do list. However, again, please can you include info on how to find these bugs in future. I had to dig through the Discord server to eventually figure out that "thenameisthegame" found this bug at The Emperor's Smith, Grimhope, Daggerfall.