[MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
XJDHDR

Re: [MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

Post by XJDHDR »

King of Worms wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 12:54 am Hey XJ :)

I came across one thing I need to ask about. To put is in the simple form, has the "unofficial block location and model fix" module of your mod changed something about the Desert Mages Guild building?

When I enable this mod, the scripted dynamic background in my paperdoll mod changes from Mages Guild specific image to a image I use for other general guild halls.

So I think you maybe changed some attributes of that building for some reason?

Thank you

EDIT:
it happens specifically in the Alik desert, city Alik Ra mages guild
When I go to Sentinel guild, the bug does not happen
:?
From what I can see, the Mages Guild in Alik'Ra uses the MAGEBA03 block. My mod doesn't touch that block (not yet, at least). It does edit the location data for Alik'Ra, but the only changes it makes are to the Fighter's Guild and to a room in one of the wall's gatehouses.

Just to confirm, have you tested to see if this problem only happens if UBLaMF is installed?

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

Damn Im sorry, it must have been something on my side, because Im not able to replicate it now.
I fiddled with too much things at one time I guess, maybe forgot some IMG in the textures folder which caused that.
No idea how that happened, but its not a problem of your mod.
Sorry to bother u :oops:

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Hello XJDHDR!

I believe you will be very interested to learn of Podleron's new RMB Editor tool to use in the Unity editor. It allows you to visually move objects and buildings, place or delete them and change ground textures in RMB files. It has not yet been migrated into DFU's tools, but you can grab it from the GitHub. With this tool, you'll no longer need to change object coordinates by editing the RMB json files with Visual Studio Code or another text editor. :)

https://github.com/Interkarma/daggerfal ... /pull/2497
https://youtu.be/dk5z2orOcBQ

Also, I've used the tool to fix the ground textures in dungeon exteriors RMBs. Several of them have mismatched textures that aren't too obvious on ground level, but very obvious when looked at from above. Would you like those RMBs for UBLMF?

Here's an example :

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

@Cliffworms
Thanks for the info. I'm going to have to give that tool a try sometime. It definitely sounds like something that will help me.

And yes please, I would be interested in those fixed ground texture RMBs.

King of Worms wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:52 pm That building is at many cemeteries and has many variants, I will do some list and get back to you

EDIT: one is at Isle of Balfiera - The Ashston Crypts
Sorry for the late reply. I've noticed that every cemetery I've visited has at least one issue, so visiting every cemetery block in the game and fixing them is a longer term part of this project.

King of Worms

Post by King of Worms »

I thought that its just that Model which is repeatedly used in various cemeteries. Ok than, thanks for testing and looking at it :)

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Here is a zip file of the exterior dungeon blocks with correct textures. Enjoy!

Also, for anyone who may be interested, I have fixed a compatibility issue with UBLAMF in Finding My Religion's 1.12 update, which made UBLAMF's Dibella and Kynareth temples override the ones in Finding My Religion even if it the load order was correct. Apparently, building files get overriden by block files.

I fixed that by turning FMR's changes into block overrides as well, instead of building overrides.
Attachments
WorldData.zip
(113.1 KiB) Downloaded 44 times

thenameisthegame

Post by thenameisthegame »

Hey there! Finally made an account here and figured this might be better to report things to you~

Let me start by saying great work so far with that colossal project!

So Kamer and I stumbled on a building in Whitefort, Betony with a rather big missing ceiling chunk ''overlooking into the void''.

ARMRAM00.RMB-762-building8

The issue appears both in vanilla and with UBLaMF files.

Here's a screenshot and the .json file I generated with the dumpbuilding command while inside! (not sure if you need either or if the name of the building provided is enough)
Attachments
ARMRAM00.RMB-762-building8.json.zip
(1.3 KiB) Downloaded 28 times
ARMRAM00.RMB-762-building8_Residence_Whitefort_Betony_void_in_ceiling_part.png
ARMRAM00.RMB-762-building8_Residence_Whitefort_Betony_void_in_ceiling_part.png (638.65 KiB) Viewed 671 times

All4

Post by All4 »

2024_02_07_18_09_13.jpg
2024_02_07_18_09_13.jpg (179.99 KiB) Viewed 187 times
I found a floating torch in the Ruins of Moorhart Farmstead. I attached a save just in case.
Attachments
SAVE57.7z
(274.06 KiB) Downloaded 7 times