[MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

A curated forum for compatible and maintained mods. Users are unable to create new topics in this forum but can reply to existing topics. Please message a moderator to have your mod moved into this forum area.
13thsyndicate

Re: [MOD] Unofficial Block, Location and Model Fixes

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Ach, I knew I had forgotten some vital information, I meant to say the exact name of the building and city but got very distracted. I'll make sure to do that in the future.

As for dungeons............ whoops ^^;;;; yeah I'll provide a save next time for you! I plan on playing some more soon so I'll give you more :3

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Confirmed by Cliffworms, PAWNBL00.RMB (used twice in Myrkwasa, Myrkwasa) has a camel and a fencepost placed inside the bounds of the store building.

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Candles in dungeon blocks N0000000, N0000002, W0000001, and S000999 are floating off the ground, as seen in this image, confirmed on the discord by Ralzar and Arneb_Nihal

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

Hello!

In the Wayrest Castle blocks S0000080.RDB and S0000081.RDB, the banners and some torches are not aligned on the walls, making them float in the air.Image

Same with the other main quest castles, Daggerfall and Sentinel.

S0000160.RDB
S0000040.RDB
S0000041.RDB

pango

Post by pango »

This mod can prevent importing this classic save.
Source: https://www.gog.com/forum/elder_scrolls ... nal/post14
Attachments
SAVE0(1).zip
(43.76 KiB) Downloaded 61 times
Mastodon: @pango@fosstodon.org
When a measure becomes a target, it ceases to be a good measure.
-- Charles Goodhart

XJDHDR

Post by XJDHDR »

Sorry for the late reply. I was busy with work and GOG matters.
13thsyndicate wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 12:15 pm Confirmed by Cliffworms, PAWNBL00.RMB (used twice in Myrkwasa, Myrkwasa) has a camel and a fencepost placed inside the bounds of the store building.
Thanks for the report. I've added this to the to-do list. Though, the block is actually PAWNGL00.RMB. I also saw a 2nd camel in the building.
13thsyndicate wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:57 pm Candles in dungeon blocks N0000000, N0000002, W0000001, and S000999 are floating off the ground, as seen in this image, confirmed on the discord by Ralzar and Arneb_Nihal
Cliffworms wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:03 pm Hello!

In the Wayrest Castle blocks S0000080.RDB and S0000081.RDB, the banners and some torches are not aligned on the walls, making them float in the air.

Same with the other main quest castles, Daggerfall and Sentinel.

S0000160.RDB
S0000040.RDB
S0000041.RDB
Thanks for the report. I've added these to the to-do list as well.
pango wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 9:21 am This mod can prevent importing this classic save.
I'm almost certain this is a bug in DFU's classic save importer. Probably something along the lines of a classic save storing some aspect of a block file that conflicts with my modded blocks.

From what I've seen so far, the error message kakiss4 mentioned appears if the OpenSave method either returns false or throws an exception. When I commented out the try-catch portion of TryOpenSave, loading that save with UBLaMF activated spammed the log with the following exception:

Code: Select all

Exception: Error finding location Dragontail Mountains : The Crypts of Sish
DaggerfallWorkshop.PlayerGPS.DiscoverLocation (System.String regionName, System.String locationName) (at Assets/Scripts/Internal/PlayerGPS.cs:840)
DaggerfallConnect.Save.SaveGames.OpenSave (System.Int32 save, System.Boolean loadingInGame) (at Assets/Scripts/API/Save/SaveGames.cs:243)
DaggerfallConnect.Save.SaveGames.TryOpenSave (System.Int32 save) (at Assets/Scripts/API/Save/SaveGames.cs:276)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.StartGameBehaviour.StartFromClassicSave () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/Utility/StartGameBehaviour.cs:499)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.StartGameBehaviour.InvokeStartMethod () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/Utility/StartGameBehaviour.cs:161)
DaggerfallWorkshop.Game.Utility.StartGameBehaviour.Update () (at Assets/Scripts/Game/Utility/StartGameBehaviour.cs:127)
This is probably related to the bug I patched in version 2021.03.25 where I corrected the typo in various crypt names from ""THe Crypts of XX" → "The Crypts of XX"

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

I've seen a few blocks in Hammerfell show up with these plants hanging from absolutely nothing in the middle of nowhere; this is the first one I've remembered to screenshot but there are others. I'll report them as I find them.

Cliffworms

Post by Cliffworms »

13thsyndicate wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 7:45 am I've seen a few blocks in Hammerfell show up with these plants hanging from absolutely nothing in the middle of nowhere; this is the first one I've remembered to screenshot but there are others. I'll report them as I find them.

Oh I see you're using Desert Architecture. I'll fix the hanged plant on my custom blocks. :)
If I'm not mistaken, they should be present in the original temple blocks as well.

The original block is TEMPAAE0.RMB

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

Would it be within the scope of this mod to fix the desert Fighter's Guilds erroneously labeled as temples called "Fighter Trainers"? There's a ton of them, Cliffworms would be able to tell you which blocks are affected, but there's at least one in Bergama, Bergama.

13thsyndicate

Post by 13thsyndicate »

This tavern on the western edge of Ceradbu is marked as a residence and non-functioning