Arena / Tamriel Rebuilt... in Daggerfall!

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Arneb

Re: Arena / Tamriel Rebuilt... in Daggerfall!

Post by Arneb »

It's been a while since I last posted here, but I can reassure anyone interested: I'm still working full (free) time on this.

Last few weeks I've developed the location-generator part of my editor, and I can say it's almost finished, even if only in its most basic form:

Its task is to fill regions with the usual location types, mixing blocks both for towns and dungeons, and to generate the needed name based on the province of origin.

I'm struggling with the last fixes, but it already almost works.

By the way, if anyone feels like he/she could have time to contribute, there's a lot of "menial" work to do, even for those not so much into coding. If someone is interested, I could post here the available "jobs".

C0rg1

Post by C0rg1 »

With DFU entering into its final stage, will this make it easier for you to integrate this mod? or harder? Do you have roads integrated into it?

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Well, as I already explained this isn’t a mod, it’s a fork. Like, an alternative version of DFU. At the moment, a mod could never do what is needed to expand the map. When 1.0 will hit? I can’t say, but I seriously doubt it.

Therefore DFU entering its final stage won’t influence this much, it won’t make it easier or harder.

Right now roads aren’t there, and for certain Basic Roads isn’t compatible. But a procedural generated road system is planned, even if it’s in line behind other features.

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

I created a new thread here:
viewtopic.php?t=6460