Arena / Tamriel Rebuilt... in Daggerfall!

Talk about the mods you'd like to see in Daggerfall Unity. Give mod creators some ideas!
Werewolf

Re: Arena / Tamriel Rebuilt... in Daggerfall!

Post by Werewolf »

Amazing! This will be the ultimate Daggerfall mod. Very excited!

C0rg1

Post by C0rg1 »

Is this scaling down all of Tamriel to fit onto the Daggerfall Game Map area? Or is there a kind of 'swapping' of larger blocks; So everything remains to the Daggerfall game map scale? Either is awesome. But for some reason I think all the extra islands consumes too much of the available map real estate and I'ld focus on the primary continent.

11th_defender

Post by 11th_defender »

C0rg1 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2023 2:51 pm Is this scaling down all of Tamriel to fit onto the Daggerfall Game Map area? Or is there a kind of 'swapping' of larger blocks; So everything remains to the Daggerfall game map scale? Either is awesome. But for some reason I think all the extra islands consumes too much of the available map real estate and I'ld focus on the primary continent.
Neither. If I understand correctly it's creating a fork of dfu and modifying the code itself. The map would be changed 45 degrees. This is because the illiac bay is shown to be horizontal on the daggerfall map despite being at an angle when seeing the whole tamriel map. Then the code would be modified so that the world map is much bigger. Then the whole map would be re-generated. Take this all with a grain of salt since I don't know the least bit about daggerfall modding and might've misunderstood what they were saying.

C0rg1

Post by C0rg1 »

Wow. Thats going to be AMAZING. I'ld try to work with Interkarma. Because this would BLOW the world wide open!!. Even if you limit it to the existing sprites and buildings its waaaay awesome. I't would blow ESO out of the WATER!! The child in me is excited. The Adult in me wants this PLUS the multiplayer support. Either way, its amazing.

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

11th_defender is right in many ways: this is a fork, an alternative version of DFU. I'm trying to modify the original code as little as possible, thus making some mods still compatible, but many others won't (World of Daggerfall and Basic Roads for obvious reasons :cry:).
The original map has been rotated 30° counterclockwise, and every single location has been preserved in the best approximation a coordinate system based on integers allowed.
I already made some tests, and the base system seems to work adequately.

Here's another image on the work progress, just to show something: Politic.png is complete for High Rock and Hammerfell.
Take into consideration that everything I make in this phase will probably be subject to change later on.
Right now there aren't new locations, but I'm working on a generator to populate the new areas with standard assets based on various factors.

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

Looks amazing! This will put Elder Scrolls Online to shame. Can’t wait for it!

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Skyrim and Morrowind (bar Solstheim) done. Four down, five to go, plus some other isles.

Werewolf

Post by Werewolf »

This is going to be the ultimate Daggerfall mod. Can’t wait for it to release!

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Summurset and Valenwood are done.

When Politic.png is done, I'll complete the "Location Generator" to generically populate the different regions. Can't wait to go back to write code, I'm a bit tired of working on GIMP.

Arneb

Post by Arneb »

Elsweyr and Balck Marsh done, too. Only Cyrodiil left. Almost there.